Nataly

Would you flirt at work?

Posting on message forums while at work is also a big no no. :S

Same deal with me, I'm really glad they didn't filter this site though! It's good entertainment on tough or boring days!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

lol fair enough :) im usually their safety net though. the harmless flirt to ward off the creepy old dudes at work....since im so adorable ;)

Oh, you're the gay guy?:D:P

No, hes in the 'Friend Zone'

All the complainging and whining about their ex, he gets to hear, but no chance of getting laid.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

i'm going to be a 40 year old virgin, its my goal in life.

on the brightside that means no more Q-tips in places they don't belong!B|

Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I think office romances are kind of like dating your best friend’s sister.

You only follow trough if you feel there is something special and you have strong feelings there, and not just a bootie call.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I'm also in the banking/finance industry---and I just completed my annual workplace harrassment training. :P

The offical answer would be, no. It's not appropriate, however it is quite common and "all in good fun" flirting as long as it's not unwelcomed keeps it interesting.

Posting on message forums while at work is also a big no no. :S

If your not interested in picking up a "work husband" just ignore the guy.

I have to wonder about people in todays climate that would even consider any kind of relationships with ANYONE at work.

I tend to think to do so is just MAJORLY stupid and can turn into a huge CLM

I have to wonder about people in todays climate that would even consider any kind of relationships with ANYONE at work.

Because relationships are risky. Always have been, always will be--although the exact nature of the risks may change depending on the climate of the times. People whose risk tolerance level in this area is temporarily or permanently low don't get involved in relationships period--at work or anywhere else.

There is no risk-free way to do this. People who choose not to pursue relationships at work have to pursue relationships elsewhere. That means--necessarily--spending less time at work. In a work climate where very hard work is often expected, that, too, can be a career limiting move.

For most people the bar scene doesn't work. That means you have pursue relationships in some social network that you are a part of--and pursuing a relationship always runs the risk of causing damage to that network.

Some people choose to take that risk at work; some people choose to take that risk at the DZ; some at a church/synagogue. People who don't take risks at all don't get involved in a relationship.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

If you were attracted to the guy would it have been received by you differently?

Now that is a really interesting question.. And I genuinely had to think about it.. And since I had to think about it, obviously it means it's not cut and dry..

I guess if I had found him really charming / charismatic, I would have been more flattered, but I still think getting romantically involved with a work colleague is a bad idea.

If I play devil's advocate, I suppose there is probably a set of circumstances where I could make an exception.. It would have to be exceptional circumstances, though, because I'd have to go against my brain in favour of my heart - it would have to be a pretty strong attraction.. Otherwise, I just can't see it. To me, work is where you go to earn money - if something jeopardises my ability to earn a living, generally speaking it's not a good thing...

Good comment - made me think :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

It would have to be exceptional circumstances, though, because I'd have to go against my brain in favour of my heart - it would have to be a pretty strong attraction...

But that's what relationships are all about. Until the heart trumps the brain, it's not a relationship--it's just a business transaction.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

We are not talking about relationships with people at work...we are talking about flirting. Flirting is a whole different animal (depending on your definition of "relationship") from dating or "hooking up" with someone from work.

Note: It's a known fact here that you should only hookup with the temps/contractors and not the full-time employees....HR is not to be toyed with. LOL

Because relationships are risky. Always have been, always will be--although the exact nature of the risks may change depending on the climate of the times. People whose risk tolerance level in this area is temporarily or permanently low don't get involved in relationships period--at work or anywhere else.

There is no risk-free way to do this. People who choose not to pursue relationships at work have to pursue relationships elsewhere. That means--necessarily--spending less time at work. In a work climate where very hard work is often expected, that, too, can be a career limiting move.

For most people the bar scene doesn't work. That means you have pursue relationships in some social network that you are a part of--and pursuing a relationship always runs the risk of causing damage to that network.

Some people choose to take that risk at work; some people choose to take that risk at the DZ; some at a church/synagogue. People who don't take risks at all don't get involved in a relationship.

What he said.

We are not talking about relationships with people at work...we are talking about flirting.

Sure we are - it was a proposed "coffee date"! :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

We are not talking about relationships with people at work...we are talking about flirting. Flirting is a whole different animal (depending on your definition of "relationship") from dating or "hooking up" with someone from work.

Yes the subject of the thread is "flirting" but the scenario described by Nataly involved not just flirting (although he did do that as well) but also he was asking her for a date. So it seems natural that the thread would morph into discussing dating and, by extension, relationships.

Yes, if you are going to date people you meet at work, it is probably better to focus on people who only have a temporary connection to the company, and then preferably after they've left.

you sound a bit uptight :P. Nothing wrong with getting to know people at work and safe flirting. Coffee isn't a date. If he makes it more than just coffee with a co-worker than that is not good, esp if you don't want it.

you asked. my opinion. take it or leave it.

Hee heeeeee!! Just read this one! :D Of *course* I'm uptight - I'm an accountant!! :D:P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

We are not talking about relationships with people at work...we are talking about flirting.

Note to self... Never ask for a coffee date: Downside, no date. Upside, coffee.

Instead, ask for a night of wild drunken sex. Downside, no date. Upside, wild drunken sex.
Remster

Instead, ask for a night of wild drunken sex. Downside, no date. Upside, wild drunken sex.

Best. Idea. EVER!:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Caffeine is a stimulant.

Alcohol is a depressant.

Caffeine is a stimulant.

Alcohol is a depressant.

Tequilla is a pantie remover.
Remster

Caffeine is a stimulant.

Alcohol is a depressant.

And coconut rum with pineapple juice is a panty ripper. ;)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Caffeine is a stimulant.

Alcohol is a depressant.

And coconut rum with pineapple juice is a panty ripper. ;)

Island fever? :ph34r:
Remster

Island fever? :ph34r:

:S How could you tell? That, starting to study for finals, and knowing that I have 21 days and a few odd hours left on the island is driving me nuts!

At least, every great once in awhile, I'm able to hop on dz.com and be entertained. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.