BillyVance

Things to do and places to see in Colorado in October

A ha,,she's goint to be whispering sweet nothings,,in your ear.....:P:o

She could just hock a lugee and it would be about the same.

She wouldn't do that. It'd fuck up my hearing aid. And if she did, I'd lock her up in room 217 at the Stanley hotel for the night. :ph34r:

Fuck, I saw the prices for rooms at that hotel. $190 for the cheapest rooms... Oh well, I guess we could spring for one night there. >:(

"HEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRREE'S BILLY!!!!!!" Muwahahahahaa! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm telling ya . . . take this train http://www.durangotrain.com/ride-us to http://www.soaringcolorado.com/

turn up your hearing aids and the volume and watch the video.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm telling ya . . . take this train http://www.durangotrain.com/ride-us to

turn up your hearing aids and the volume and watch the video.

Durango is way the hell out there... We'll see, but I will add it to the itinerary and we'll go over all the possibilities and pick what we want to do. Only 4 full days to play.... Thanks!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A ha,,she's goint to be whispering sweet nothings,,in your ear.....:P:o

She could just hock a lugee and it would be about the same.

She wouldn't do that. It'd fuck up my hearing aid. And if she did, I'd lock her up in room 217 at the Stanley hotel for the night. :ph34r:

Fuck, I saw the prices for rooms at that hotel. $190 for the cheapest rooms... Oh well, I guess we could spring for one night there. >:(

"HEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRREE'S BILLY!!!!!!" Muwahahahahaa! :D

Billy the beds in the stanly are the NICEST Beds you will ever sleep in PERIOD. We have been to quite a few nice places and we have never ever slept in a bed so comfortable. The Rocky Mountion National Park enterance is right there. When we drove through we saw a Gray Wolf chowing down on an Elk .Heards of Big Horn Sheep, Lots and lots of elk, Eagles and other wildlife. It is defiantly one of the places you will remember for teh rest of your life. I want to take my kids there in the next year or two.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Well, I have mapped out our trip, tentatively of course.

Day 1:
Arrive Denver International Airport 7 pm.
Drive to Estes Park.
Check in the Stanley Hotel.
Day 2:
Tour Hotel, see elks bugling, some sight seeing near town.
Drive down to Idaho Springs. Check in.
Day 3:
Enjoy the hot springs/spas.
Go to Georgetown and ride the loop railroad
Drive down to Breckenridge, check in B&B.
Day 4:
Take ski lift to the top (if ski season hasn't started) and eat lunch up there.
Drive down to Canon City.
Check out the Royal Gorge Bridge and incline tram.
Drive over to Manitou Springs (near Colorado Springs).
Check in motel.
Day 5:
Check out the Garden Of The Gods.
Drive back to Denver.
Just maybe, stop by wind tunnel (its on the way).
See some sights in the city. Need suggestions.
Check in motel near airport.
Day 6: Depart Denver International Airport 11 am.

I think that gives us plenty of time to see the sights and go at a leisurely pace, and we're not going waaaay the fuck out of the way, just a nice tight loop. Maybe 450 miles total of driving.

Oh shit.... I forgot the Pikes Peak drive. :| Going back to tweak the trip some more. :P

Ah, it's only about 24 miles to the top of Pikes Peak from Manitou Springs. But is it gonna be drivable in October???

Guess that really depends what yer drivin!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Ah, it's only about 24 miles to the top of Pikes Peak from Manitou Springs. But is it gonna be drivable in October???

All depends on the weather... but should still be open unless they get a massive storm thru..

Just be sure to run all the way around the parking lot while you are up there.

All depends on the weather... but should still be open unless they get a massive storm thru..

That will probably have me gasping for oxygen or something. No thanks. :D

Oh come on..... elevated heart rate is good for ya after sitting in the car all day... plus being from close to sea level..... you should get a REALLLLY good altitude buzz:ph34r::ph34r:

Oh come on..... elevated heart rate is good for ya after sitting in the car all day... plus being from close to sea level..... you should get a REALLLLY good altitude buzz:ph34r::ph34r:

No shit! :D I might give it a whirl. And I knew what I was doing by scheduling it on the next to last day before going back home. ;)

No shit! :D I might give it a whirl. And I knew what I was doing by scheduling it on the next to last day before going back home. ;)

Its ALLLLL about getting high... and getting that buzz. I am heading up here this weekend a friend wants pics of Mt Rainier... and Sunrise is a great vantage point to take a couple people who are visiting and cant walk.

I have a good friend who comes out here from IN in the spring & fall to do work on wooden boats up in the Grand Lake area.
On one occasion, I picked him up at DIA, and he wanted to drive up to Grand Lake via the scenic route: Trail Ridge Road.
So I taught him a lesson: I gave him what he wanted.>:(
We're driving along, and I hear:

"Ughh....I don't feel so good.":S

I looked over to see him slumping down in his seat.
The durn fool should have known better.
Heck he even worked at Steamboat one season in his ski bum days.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Mt Evans is the highest paved road in the US.

The road closes to motor traffic on Sep 7.

F'king UN agenda.... ;)

I didn't know you followed CO politics.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Looks like you have a great itinerary! Can't think of much to add to it. Estes and the Stanley Hotel should be fun, it's beautiful up there.

I know a lot of the people that work at the tunnel, they are great peeps, hope you have time to stop by there. After you go to the tunnel you should go to the Horseshoe Lounge in the downtown area, fun somewhat divey bar, drinks on me. :D

*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

There are goats everywhere. :| I wanna see elk and anything else that lives there and not here. :P

Looks like we're going to cut the Royal Gorge bridge visit out of the itinerary. Try to simplify the day and not be on the road too much.

The wife did seem intrigued by the idea of visiting the wind tunnel, since it's right on the way from Colorado Springs to Denver.

Am I going to need to call ahead and reserve time?

There are goats everywhere. :| I wanna see elk and anything else that lives there and not here. :P

Looks like we're going to cut the Royal Gorge bridge visit out of the itinerary. Try to simplify the day and not be on the road too much.

The wife did seem intrigued by the idea of visiting the wind tunnel, since it's right on the way from Colorado Springs to Denver.

Yes reserve time ASAP... Its a great tunnel `even saw a few familiar faces when I was there:)
Oh and DUDE.... the goats up in the mountains are BIG suckers... not the lame ass little nubians yall have all over down there. Mountain Goat
I saw one up oin Mt Baker here in WA that was probably close to 300 pounds...

Yes reserve time ASAP... Its a great tunnel `even saw a few familiar faces when I was there:)
Oh and DUDE.... the goats up in the mountains are BIG suckers... not the lame ass little nubians yall have all over down there. Mountain Goat
I saw one up oin Mt Baker here in WA that was probably close to 300 pounds...

Well Stitch said "Billy" goats... But yeah, I knew about the mountain goats being big ass motherfuckers. Hopefully I'll get lucky and see one. :)

If you have ever been cycling down Golden Gate Canyon at 45mph on rain-slick pavement, and come over a rise to two elk standing in your lane, you will have seen all the elk you ever want to see.:S