LadyDoc

Roller Derby Stage Name

Soooo.... I've been training for roller derby and here soon I'll be allowed to actually compete in bouts. The big thing, however, is I NEED A STAGE NAME! And it's gotta be all tough and sound like I could actually do bodily harm, or something like that. I'm having trouble coming up with a name though! Anybody have any suggestions? Extra points for being able to incorporate TWAT. ;)
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

lol Twat was actually a nickname for me back when I waited tables going thru my undergrad. my last name is Watson, so, someone just put the T out front and made me TWATson. I like it... lol

good call on the Twattie. I like that.
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

You know, honestly, I can't say that I have yet. I've been looking for it to rent, unsuccessfully. I want to see it though! was it any good?

You know, honestly, I can't say that I have yet. I've been looking for it to rent, unsuccessfully. I want to see it though! was it any good?

It was surprisingly good. It's available through Netflix, but only by mail; not streaming. If you know somebody local with a Netflix account, you could probably con them into getting it for you to watch.

The writer was a roller derby gal in LA and it was also Drew Barrymore's first directing gig. I wasn't expecting much and it's so much more than a typical sports story.

Might be somewhat "Cutaway" laughable to somebody on the inside of the sport in places, but it looked pretty good from where I was sitting. Script, acting and direction was far, far better.

Worth watching.

In the meantime, here's something that might be worth listening to;
http://est.foxhome.com/download.php?file=WhipIt_WritersDraftWithShaunaCross_Featurette/WhipIt_WritersDraftWithShaunaCross_Featurette.xml

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I think we have a winner! Here's the combo between CarrieByTheSea's idea and a friend's post on facebook...

TWATTIE MCFEARSON
:D:D:D

I like it. but god my inner thighs are hurting after today's practice, so, I think I'll got have a nice bubble bath. ;)

Already taken. There's a flippin' HUGE list of names that are already taken and you can't have anything even close to another derby girl's name. Besides Wanna was the actual last name of my best friend who recently passed, and although I wouldn't mind continuing his name for the sake of a memorial, I just couldn't do it.B|

I think we have a winner! Here's the combo between CarrieByTheSea's idea and a friend's post on facebook...

TWATTIE MCFEARSON
:D:D:D

I like it. but god my inner thighs are hurting after today's practice, so, I think I'll got have a nice bubble bath. ;)

With a name like that, you'll get countless offers from people offering a variety of ways to address your inner thigh pain. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

lol I told my boyfriend when I got home that my inner thighs were shot and I've got rug burn on my knees from "controlled falling"... Too bad he wasn't the one who made me feel that way THIS time..... ;)

wow. can't believe i didn't think of that prior! Velocity probably won't work, many others already. Blade is a possibility. as is stiletto. nothing remotely similar to crossfire or safire. I think I like Twattie Stiletto. or Twattie Dagger. good call VectorBoy!

Just out of curiosity, have you seen the film Whip It?

I just got done watching it, and it's really good. Very well made.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

good call VectorBoy!

Its nothing brilliant. Just marketing.

You don't think anybody will buy a canopy named " shit for glide" or "lethal to the unexperienced" do you? Oh I like Rock Dragon just in case your derby teams becomes a heavy metal band.:ph34r:

No. Rollerball was more about good versus evil, Whip It is about a girl and her mom.

I was asking for "the sport", not "the movie". But yeah it seems the sports are pretty much related. :o:o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

No. Rollerball was more about good versus evil, Whip It is about a girl and her mom.

I was asking for "the sport", not "the movie". But yeah it seems the sports are pretty much related. :o:o

Except "Rollerball" (the first one with James Cann, not the remake) was a totally invented sport that loosely was based on roller derby with many added and much more violent elements.

By contrast, Roller Derby was real, then about as real as professional wrestling and now it's pretty much back to real again.

Was extraordinarily popular in my home in the early 1960s. By that time it was as fake as professional wrestling, but damn did my mom love to watch it. LA had it's own team; The LA T-Birds. From my point of view, they had about the same win/loss record as the Harlem Globetrotters. Seemed to me that whoever the "home team" was won and whoever the visiting team was lost. Always a good show though. Oh, and it wasn't just women. They played men's, women's and mixed as I recalled. They also had "grudge matches" based on some foul or something that always seems to involve quite a bit of cheating like the coach of the bad guy team whacking one of the other players over the head with a folding chair.

Did I say "Rollerball" was more violent?

Well, at least in Roller Derby, nobody died.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver