BDashe

Anyone excited for the World Series?

Box score looks more like a preseason game than a WS game. 6 errors, 25 hits, 18 runs? Sheeeeit.

First Game of the Fall Anti-Classic :D

I think we have seen Vladi Guerrero's last time playing in the field. DH and PH for him from now on. Too bad he played as long as he did in Montreal as I think it helped ruin his knees just like Andre Dawson. Sad to see guys reaching the end of the road.

Hopefully tomorrow's game is better.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Box score looks more like a preseason game than a WS game. 6 errors, 25 hits, 18 runs? Sheeeeit.

Yeah, in a "pitcher's duel" between Lincecum and Lee. 12 pitchers used last night, and even Brian Wilson let 3 runs score in the bot9.

Gonna be a fun series, and this is a great article on it.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-disappointed-by-great-world-series-matchup,18358/

Well, tonight Ron Washington did the worst managing I think I have ever seen in a WS game. Leaving a young pitcher in to walk 3 batters, not having anybody warming up, getting up your Game 4 starter when the score is 8-0. Retarded.

Had he brought in Feliz to get the last out of the 8th and kept the score 2-0 the Rangers might have had a chance. 8-0 they have no chance.

Good pitching by the starters though.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Hey, I'm rooting for my hometown Rangers to take the Giants. Sorry, M'Dear.:P

Do they have a new set of wheels back in Arlington? Cuz they sure came off the bus up here ...
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'd like to see Texas win

What?? Since when does Texas have a baseball team?

:D Yup! This is their first appearance in the World Series in their 50-yr. history! This is big stuff here in the Lone Star! I just hope, they pull-off a win. They beat the Yankees, they should be able to beat the Giants. (maybe?)

Chuck

:D Yup! This is their first appearance in the World Series in their 50-yr. history! This is big stuff here in the Lone Star! I just hope, they pull-off a win. They beat the Yankees, they should be able to beat the Giants. (maybe?)

Chuck

Giants will take the win again tonight. ;)

I am not just saying that because I am a Giants fan, I am just stating the facts..:P:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Chuck

Giants will take the win again tonight. ;)

I am not just saying that because I am a Giants fan, I am just stating the facts..:P:D

To quote one of my all-time heores of the game; "It ain't over till it's over!"

Chuck

Do they have a new set of wheels back in Arlington? Cuz they sure came off the bus up here ...

:P There's a few games left. Maybe I'll bet against a sweep. That might be my best strategy.[:/]
:D

Just read a news story about the Giants celebrating their championship... after game 2! Talk about arrogant! They gathered the team onto the field, placed the trophy in front of them and started taking pictures. Then, families of the players ran the bases while horns honked outside the stadium. Maybe, the giants will win the series but that's pretty sorry.[:/]

Chuck

Just read a news story about the Giants celebrating their championship... after game 2! Talk about arrogant! They gathered the team onto the field, placed the trophy in front of them and started taking pictures. Then, families of the players ran the bases while horns honked outside the stadium. Maybe, the giants will win the series but that's pretty sorry.[:/]

Might it have been a celebration of the championship that they have already won ... the NLCS, which was won out of town? I agree that if they're prematurely celebrating a WS victory that's just tempting the fates!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Might it have been a celebration of the championship that they have already won ... the NLCS, which was won out of town? I agree that if they're prematurely celebrating a WS victory that's just tempting the fates!

Yeah, you never know. Wasn't it a few years ago that the Boston Red Sox went down 3 games to none against the New York Yankees in the ALCS, then proceeded to win games 4, 5, 6 and 7 to get to the World Series? Rare, but not impossible.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That could very well be. A little bulb just lit-up... the story didn't specify 'which' trophy it was. I just realized, that story was rather mis-leading. typical 'press'. Grrrrrr...
thanks for pointing that out.

Chuck

Timmmmmmmaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!B|

He was outstanding. As were the rest of the Giants starters. Bumgarner going 8 innings and giving up 3 hits, no runs in Game 4 ... not too shabby for a 21 year old kid...being caught by a 22 year old catcher. Great mix of young and old guys and Bochy certainly didn't make one move that could be second -guessed.

I was hoping the Rangers would win but they just got shut down by the Giants' pitching. Starters and bullpen were both great. Good job by the cast-offs and misfits.
--
Murray