BDashe

Anyone excited for the World Series?

Did a search, nothing posted since like '08 on any series. I wouldn't qualify myself as a Giants fan, definitely an A's/Raiders guy, but it's fun living 2 blocks from the ballpark and to see 'em be successful.

This is a vid i shot from the bar where i watched game 6 of Giants/Phillies right as they won. Game on/Party on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R62zlbZxw5A
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

I'm with Regulator, I'd like to see Texas win in their first ever World Series appearance. I'm not much of a baseball fan and have not watched a game from start to finish in over a decade. The Giants have not been to the World Series in a long time themselves, but hey, anybody in the American League that embarrasses the New York Yankees to get to the Series, gets my vote. B|

As for the bar scene... what a bunch of imbeciles! They wasted a lot of perfectly good beer! :D:D:D

I kid, I kid. If I was that passionate, I'd do the same thing.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It's fun to see the local boys make good.

This article's pretty funny:

It's OK that you can't name a single player on either club. You have the San Francisco Giants, who are led by Bearded Guy, the Other Bearded Guy, the Other Other Bearded guy, as well as the Pitcher With the Long Hair Who Looks 14. Then there are the Texas Rangers, who hail from a football-crazed state that didn't even know it had a baseball team until six days ago. The Rangers play on a gravel parking lot outside Cowboys Stadium and are led by a rugged 63-year-old legend named Nolan Ryan. Or wait: He's the owner. Or the sheriff. Or the Game 4 starter.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304915104575572610165814930.html
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It's fun to see the local boys make good.

This article's pretty funny:

It's OK that you can't name a single player on either club. You have the San Francisco Giants, who are led by Bearded Guy, the Other Bearded Guy, the Other Other Bearded guy, as well as the Pitcher With the Long Hair Who Looks 14. Then there are the Texas Rangers, who hail from a football-crazed state that didn't even know it had a baseball team until six days ago. The Rangers play on a gravel parking lot outside Cowboys Stadium and are led by a rugged 63-year-old legend named Nolan Ryan. Or wait: He's the owner. Or the sheriff. Or the Game 4 starter.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304915104575572610165814930.html

:D:D I love it!

That's some funny shit! :D

I hate to admit it, but I was a baseball fan back in the 80's, mainly for the Atlanta Braves (before their 14 year post-season run started) and I can rattle off nearly all 8 position player starters and a few pitchers from the mid 80's just from memory:

1st base: Chris Chambliss
2nd base: Gene Garber
3rd base: Bob Horner
Shortstop: Rafael Ramirez
Catcher: Bruce Benedict
Left Field: Claudell Washington (not positive)
Center Field: Dale Murphy
Right Field: can't quite remember, could have been Claudell...
Pitchers: Pascual Perez and Phil Niekro are the ones I remember best.

I quit keeping up with baseball after the Braves' post-season streak ended several years ago.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i liked the braves back then , but what about jonh rocker ?

i really liked Nolan Ryan as a player , i'll be rooting for his team !

Yeah, I remember John Rocker. He was quite a character! :S I think the last game I ever attended, he sprinted out from the bullpen for a save opportunity.

Remember the hot water he got into over some racist statements he made? I can't remember what it was all about though, but that was the end of him for sure.

I hope the Rangers sweep the Giants...the deserve it ALOT more.[/reply

Rangers in 7 would be nice. Don't like sweeps.

2-2 bottom 4 right now.

--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Yeah, I remember John Rocker. He was quite a character! :S I think the last game I ever attended, he sprinted out from the bullpen for a save opportunity.

Remember the hot water he got into over some racist statements he made? I can't remember what it was all about though, but that was the end of him for sure.

2000 quote in SI :)"I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"

2000 quote in SI :)"I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"

Sounds like a republican. :ph34r:

I was about to ask what exactly is wrong with that statement...

I was about to ask what exactly is wrong with that statement...

I'd answer, but I don't want this to go to SC.

Anyone seen the Rangers' wheels? They came off a couple innings ago and I think they still can't find them.:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Box score looks more like a preseason game than a WS game. 6 errors, 25 hits, 18 runs? Sheeeeit.