skymama

Acupuncture

Yes, it has lasted....well I'm 33 now and I had my injury when I was 18 so go figure.
Depends on the type and extent of injury.
If it's lower back pain and all your "parts" have been checked out to be ok, you could if you so wish try Yoga or other core workouts.
I also suggest investing in the best chair you can afford for your office since odds are you sepend more time in that thing then in your bed.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yes, it has lasted....well I'm 33 now and I had my injury when I was 18 so go figure.
Depends on the type and extent of injury.
If it's lower back pain and all your "parts" have been checked out to be ok, you could if you so wish try Yoga or other core workouts.
I also suggest investing in the best chair you can afford for your office since odds are you sepend more time in that thing then in your bed.

Good points...

For damaged nerves or nerves that were a part of a damaged part and can't seem to "forget" the damage it works rather well.

If it's an issue where the part the nerve is attached to odds are it will just numb things and let you forget that you are damaged.

As for other things you can do, it's a cost and time issue.
Those temprapetic beds are amazing for all kinds of issues.
As for chairs, when I took over this office I looked around and quickly noticed that no one was happy due to eye strain and what appeared to be back and hip issues due to 20 year old chairs.
So I worked with my supervisor and was able to convince him that due to one of the team members having a slipped disc and another having an artificial hip I was able to procure Herman Miller Aeron chairs and new monitors. The change in the mood of the office and output has been well worth the investment.
But that's me and the way I like to run things. I'm always looking for the root cause of a given problem.
And you should look at acupuncture the same way. What is the cause of this pain or ailment? You guys are skydivers, you guys and girls should be amazing at this. Just listen to your body just as if it were a part of your equipment. It will tell you exactly what the issue is.
It could just be that you are walking in an worn out pair of sneakers, sitting too high in your office chair or god forbid you have seriously damaged yourself and need to see a doctor.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

You can try Osteopathy! NOVA, the Osteopathic School, is in Ft. Lauderdale. But, you should be able to find an Osteopath that does manipulation in your area.

Also, Acupuncture is one of the complementary medicines which has gained objective evidence of its effectiveness, when done for it's specific objective, such as pain and fertility. It is gaining popularity in pain treatment centers and is widely used in drug rehab for those who suffer from pain but cannot use narcotics.

I had two acupuncture treatments, specifically for fertility, in June. I was pregnant two weeks later. (After two physicians told me that it was impossible for me to get pregnant). ;)

You can try Osteopathy! NOVA, the Osteopathic School, is in Ft. Lauderdale. But, you should be able to find an Osteopath that does manipulation in your area.

Also, Acupuncture is one of the complementary medicines which has gained objective evidence of its effectiveness, when done for it's specific objective, such as pain and fertility. It is gaining popularity in pain treatment centers and is widely used in drug rehab for those who suffer from pain but cannot use narcotics.

I had two acupuncture treatments, specifically for fertility, in June. I was pregnant two weeks later. (After two physicians told me that it was impossible for me to get pregnant). ;)

That wasnt; a "Needle" you were being poked with , that ,made the difference!:ph34r:

yes. covered by insurance. yes. yes.

I didn't stay with it for the long haul, though. I had 4 sessions and did see some relief, just not enough enough relief quickly enough for me. And my symptoms have gotten worse although not because of acupuncture.

Now scheduled to have nerves burned out of my back next week.

Something in this post makes me want to poke you.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Acupuncture is an exclusion on my insurance. :( I left a message with one doctor to find out her rates. Injections and PT haven't helped much, but maybe I'll get lucky with this.

Skymama, Send a PM to LadyDoc. shes a liscensed accupuncuturist, and oriental medicine doc , shell hook ya up. shes up in jacksonville now, but we both used to jump at deland, so itll be no problem to get down there. Cant say what her rates are but shell get you a good deal im sure. she makes a lot of house calls and such. i told her to contact you.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Something in this post makes me want to poke you.:)

me being in pain and not able to fight back? :S:P

I plead the Fifth.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

For general info, if anyone has questions as to why acupuncture works or anything like that, here is some info:
Yes it does help tremendously depending on your individual complaint (chronic pain tend to take forever to reverse, the injury didn't occur overnight, nor will the recovery). More or less, the needles create microtrauma to the local area which causes the body to flood it and the surrounding areas with blood, white blood cells to fight infection as well as some hormones. It takes a week for those areas to heal (although you really won't be able to tell, no bruising generally occurs and really neither does bleeding). In that time, your body continually flushes the area out in order to fix it. At first, your practitioner may choose to see you once or maybe even twice per week. Over time, the treatments will be spread out. Many insurance companies are now covering at least office visits. If not, most acupuncturists will work with you on a cash basis. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask here or pm me. I love educating. :)
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

I have had great success with Acupuncture coupled with Lifeline healing http://drdarrenweissman.com/

Another healing technique that has recently emerged is Sensory Evolvement Technique. This technique has worked wonders on my anxiety and mental health issues, 4 different major anxieties cured in 4 treatments.

The acupuncture and Lifeline technique has been so successful for me that the crunching from a torn / almost severed rotator cuff in my shoulder has been reduced by about 75%, healing has gotten to the point where I probably will not have surgery to repair the tear,

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

It's great to hear that you're getting relief!

I made an appt. with next week. The doctor I found is Chinese and has been practicing for many years, and she was also a MD in China. The price is $125 for the initial visit and $75 for follow-ups. It's a little steep for me since it's not covered by my insurance, but I'm willing to try a few visits to see if it helps. The kids don't need Christmas presents this year anyway. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Buy the kids Christmas presents you Grinch!

It was a joke! I'll be buying gifts for my kids, friend's kids and kids I've never met!

Sooo...can I start putting my requests in now? ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ths funny part is the doctors/shrinks/therapists and 4 different meds have been treating my anxiety and depression crap since 1994,, my therapist cleared it all up in 4 two hour sessions. go figure.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

That wasnt; a "Needle" you were being poked with , that ,made the difference!:ph34r:

Yes it was. In fact, it shared something else in common with acupunture - not only was it just a little needle prick that she couldn't feel but it only took a minute.[:/][:/]

My wife is hotter than your wife.

No worries! Send me all the questions you can think of! B|

If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL

I made an appt. with next week. The doctor I found is Chinese and has been practicing for many years, and she was also a MD in China. The price is $125 for the initial visit and $75 for follow-ups. It's a little steep for me since it's not covered by my insurance, but I'm willing to try a few visits to see if it helps.

I have used a cheaper therapy for years with great success. Bee sting therapy. Multiple stings in the affected area has worked wonders. Of course you can't be allergic to stings. I keep honey bees so I always have a ready supply.:)

I thind rather take a ball peen hammer to my forehead. Or a power drill to my hand... Ouch.

oh don't be such a drama queen. pain has a bad reaction, a blend of fear and passion. get over it. ;):P