keithbar

mythbusters "backwards car

I thought that was the girl they brought in while Kerry was away on maternity leave? I remember a very talented redhead that knew her way around a welder!

No, that was Jessie. She used to be on X-treme 4x4 (on Spike TV). She's a top notch welder and mechanic, graduated at the top of her class at Wyotech a number of years ago.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>Or maybe - just maybe they didn't turn the car around in the wind tunnel >because it really won't ever matter how aerodynamic the car is in reverse.

Exactly. If the car sells, you're done.

I believe it did pretty well too.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

What makes me mad is that had a competent build team, scotty kari and tori

then they kicked scotty off and filled it in grant, probably to make the show racially balanced

So it IS the 'oriental' thing...:S

Grant worked on props & special effects for quite a few movies while he was with Industrial Light & Magic...maybe THAT'S why they wanted him...his QUALIFICATIONS.

Who the heck is Scotty...I don't really watch that much TV.

Scotty was on the 1st batch of helpers. She was a tattooed, cute looking welder. Swapping her to Grant for marketing reason would make absolutely no sense.

Did a quick search...seems she quit of her own accord due to the time spent taping the show taking away from her passion of working artistically in metal..she makes occasional guest appearances.

So she wasn't 'kicked off' at all, as Petey said.

If you are given an incentive to leave ($$$$$) you would say anything like "i quit"

No... 'I' wouldn't.

Got anything to back up your 'Scotty pay-off' theory or is it just bullshit you're making up to back up some other bullshit you made up? :S:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Asian. People are "Asian".
Items are "Oriental".
;)

Or to put it another way:

"Oriental is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.":D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That would be Grant Imahara, I met him once through a mutual friend.

A really nice guy with a lot of 'robotic' credits to his name...he operated R2D2 of Star Wars fame and made the Energizer Bunny robots ...just to name a few.

Not to go off on a tangent, but he seemed to be very successful in what I assume to be a lucrative business. I wondered if it was the mythbuster production team, vanity, or just new found money that made him get his dental work? Watch his earlier episodes, he has some crazy teeth, then one season they were all perfect.

A really nice guy with a lot of 'robotic' credits to his name...he operated R2D2 of Star Wars fame and made the Energizer Bunny robots ...just to name a few.

Not to go off on a tangent, but he seemed to be very successful in what I assume to be a lucrative business. I wondered if it was the mythbuster production team, vanity, or just new found money that made him get his dental work? Watch his earlier episodes, he has some crazy teeth, then one season they were all perfect.

Uhmmm, Maybe a paycheck/insurance that covered fixing them?

Groupies! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~