skycamefalling

Leftovers

What do you all like to do with turkey leftovers? Any good meal ideas out there? Eating another Thanksgiving the day or so after is a little bit much for me.

I personally like to take some of the turkey, shred it up into smaller pieces, throw it in a pan with some picante salsa and let it cook for a little bit. Then fry up some corn tortillas and make turkey tacos. Throw some fresh grated cheese on them, crack open a beer and you got yourself a damn good meal.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

What do you all like to do with turkey leftovers? Any good meal ideas out there? Eating another Thanksgiving the day or so after is a little bit much for me.

I personally like to take some of the turkey, shred it up into smaller pieces, throw it in a pan with some picante salsa and let it cook for a little bit. Then fry up some corn tortillas and make turkey tacos. Throw some fresh grated cheese on them, crack open a beer and you got yourself a damn good meal.

have to try that tomorrow , sounds like a great way to killl that "reheated" taste...

We gave 'em all away to the inlaws.:)
I actually enjoy leftovers. I'll freeze up single serving lunches, or thin slice the leftovers for sandwiches, etc. We also make homemade turkey soup with the leftover bones. We laugh at how many meals we can get out of one $6 turkey.B|

Yes but that $6 turkey weighed almost 25 pounds! We should get more than one meal out of it. :S

I'll make turkey chili and of course will have plenty of sandwiches. I don't have that much leftover because my mom took some and my son will be bringing some with him back to school tomorrow. He even brought a cooler home to bring back leftovers! :ph34r:

I know someone who just takes all the leftovers and fries it up in a pan together. That sounds disgusting to me.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'll make turkey chili and of course will have plenty of sandwiches. I don't have that much leftover because my mom took some and my son will be bringing some with him back to school tomorrow. He even brought a cooler home to bring back leftovers! :ph34r:

I know someone who just takes all the leftovers and fries it up in a pan together. That sounds disgusting to me.

I hear the saying, it all goes to the same place.......but I would agree with you. That sounds pretty damn nasty[:/]
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Hi moms,

my son will be bringing some with him back to school tomorrow.

Is this a regional thing? Here ( Oregon ) we would say 'my son will be taking some with him'

To me ( and I know, I can only occasionally be right ) 'bringing' means from 'there' to 'here' & 'taking' means from 'here' to 'there.'

I'm just curious, ;)

JerryBaumchen

PS) When I was in the service a First Sergeant once said,' Monday week . . .' I had no idea what he meant. :S

Is this a regional thing? Here ( Oregon ) we would say 'my son will be taking some with him'

Never thought about it. I'm probably just ignorant. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon