turtlespeed

Gonna rent a movie

Have you seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? One of the most underrated movies of the past decade (IMHO). Falls more into the crime thriller/dark comedy genre, but it's a fun rental.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The Big Lebowski

Has it all!

If not, then Second Hand Lions. Careful, you'll tear up at the end.

Both Great!

But I have seen them several times each.

I friggin Hate this bed rest shit!>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The first one or the second one?

The first one? Watch it now, do nothing else.

The second one? Eh, well, its OK.

Yeah - 2nd . . . is what I referenced - was hoping it was as epic as the first.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Its ok. Its on Netflix streaming, so for a Netflix streamer, its good.

Did you ever see Lady Killers with Tom Hanks? I really enjoyed it, but I like quirky stuff. How about Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? Outstanding British (Guy Ritchie) flick from the 90s. Jason Stratham (sp?) first movie. Really funny, lots of action, all around great.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

For recent dvd's, I enjoyed The Town. I'm not really an action/adventure lover so anyone who does enjoy those movies would probably like it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you want just action...try the new "The A-Team" or "From Paris with Love". Loved them both, plain action, not trying to win awards. Good stuff.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If you want just action...try the new "The A-Team" or "From Paris with Love". Loved them both, plain action, not trying to win awards. Good stuff.

I am looking for newer releases - Sorry Dave . . . I need something I haven't seen before.

BUT - I have A team on DVD:D love it - I might just "kid-up" and watch How to train your Dragon . . . :P

The Town looks interesting - I dunno about another Travolta trip though. Looks like Swordfish on action steroids, or even Battelfield earth.ugh

I am looking for newer releases - Sorry Dave . . . I need something I haven't seen before.

Well, you killed my suggestion (Paris Hilton) with that line...
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well, you killed my suggestion (Paris Hilton) with that line...

Hey - I left those movies with you last time I was where nothing happens.

How about Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? Outstanding British (Guy Ritchie) flick from the 90s. Jason Stratham (sp?) first movie. Really funny, lots of action, all around great.

I just watched "Snatch"(2000) last night.
Not bad, but I've read complaints Ritchie plagiarized his own movie, (LS&TSB), when he made it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

How about Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? Outstanding British (Guy Ritchie) flick from the 90s. Jason Stratham (sp?) first movie. Really funny, lots of action, all around great.

I just watched "Snatch"(2000) lasst night.
Not bad, but I've read complaints Ritchie plagiarized his own movie, (LS&TSB), when he made it.

Yeah, Snatch wasn't as good as LS&TSB, it was really similar and just not as fun. Lock Stock took you for a wild ride if you hadn't seen it before, left you laughing and going "dude, wait, what?"
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What about "RED" anyone see that?

Just watched RED the other night.

It's ok and has moments, but I thought it had a weird tonal vibe to it in a couple of shots/scenes and as a whole didn't live up to its potential. Part of it has to do with it being a shoot-em-up comedy and you really would want to laugh at a couple of things, but it's that fine line between funny "haha" and over the top "kaboom."

If you ever saw RoboCop, there's a scene where a robot goes nuts in a board meeting and shoots the crap out of a guy. It was supposed to be a funny thing, but the extreme violence and the length of time the robot goes nuts and how many shots it gets off on ONE guy makes it hard to tell. It's quite literally, overkill.

It's really hard to walk the line between comic book cartoony funny violence and more realistic violence of a true action film.

Still, some nice stuff and I'd recommend.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If you ever saw RoboCop, there's a scene where a robot goes nuts in a board meeting and shoots the crap out of a guy. It was supposed to be a funny thing, but the extreme violence of it makes it hard to tell.

" I'm sure it's only a glitch. A temporary setback.":D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If you ever saw RoboCop, there's a scene where a robot goes nuts in a board meeting and shoots the crap out of a guy. It was supposed to be a funny thing, but the extreme violence of it makes it hard to tell.

Yeah, if you can't see that at a minimum as "black" humor, then you're taking life way too seriously.:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Yeah, if you can't see that at a minimum as "black" humor, then you're taking life way too seriously.:D

But, that joke might have worked better with a single shot. It's hard to tell for certain, but at least they would have gotten to the punch line 20 seconds earlier.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I thought Inception was interesting. B|

Or... since you're thinking of animated: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

I'll watch that if you come over.B|