turtlespeed

Gonna rent a movie

If you wanna see the most disturbing movie ever made, get The Human Centipede.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it any good?? It got pretty bad reviews. I get the impression it is just a bad 'B' movie, but I've been tempted to rent it too.

It's incredibly stupid. It's just so disturbing, the whole concept of it....well i'm a sicko so i had to see it to believe it.

hahaha.... that's what i thought. :D

I'm going to watch 'Piranha' tonight, which actually got some descent reviews believe it or not.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I just watched "Snatch"(2000) last night.
Not bad, but I've read complaints Ritchie plagiarized his own movie, (LS&TSB), when he made it.

Aww, I was gonna say "Snatch." Who doesn't like watching Brad speak Pikey?:D

This looks good, (you need to wait for a 30s commercial at the beginning):
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/british-movie/1291796/
:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Try Layer Cake. By the producer of Snatch and Lock Stock. Not as much humor as those two but a more sophisticated plot. Great film.

It was "meh" in my book.

Haven't seen Layer Cake, although I noticed they'd repackaged it since Daniel Craig got the James Bond role!

I'm always suspicious of movies sold on the basis of their producers, and even more so their 'executive producers'. Sure, it makes a difference but there are so many elements that go into making one movie enjoyable and another horrible.

As for 'Lock, Stock...' - am I the only person in the world who hated that film? I found it cynical, smug, crass and just plain nasty.

I'm always suspicious of movies sold on the basis of their producers, and even more so their 'executive producers'. Sure, it makes a difference but there are so many elements that go into making one movie enjoyable and another horrible.

What about directors?

The director of Layer Cake also directed Kick Ass, and that was brilliant.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

What about directors?

The director of Layer Cake also directed Kick Ass, and that was brilliant.

Yeah, I think the director's a more reliable indicator - I'd take a chance on anything by David Fincher, for example.

I really enjoyed Kick-Ass - although I didn't warm to the director personally (Matthew Vaughan, right?) from his commentary on the Blu-Ray. It's probably unfair to judge someone's character from a talk track, but for some reason I found him really irritating :)