david3

Health benefits of skydiving.

I saw this on THE EARLY SHOW, CBS this morning. Guy was jealous that his friend made a tandem. He was too heavy to make one so he used it as his motivator to loose weight and gave himself a year to do it. He started a blog to track his progress. The CBS video isn’t up yet and he doesn’t have the actual jump video yet but he has before and after ground video. He lost an amazing amount of weight. The before weight loss and after is impressive.

First video blog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TpFylNk48&feature=related

Most recent video blog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF7qJ7EBYO0&feature=related

I lost 60 pounds after starting skydiving. I've mentioned it to many women how skydiving changed my life, but so far no one has wanted to do on my "diet". :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was so scared at first, I could hardly eat for a few days before jumping. By the time I got my A license, I had lost 25 pounds. After that, I concentrated on the emotional eating habits I had developed and really took a look at what I was eating and why. I'm a much more conscious eater now. It's been 10 years, but I do still have my moments of being "bad", but it's a lot less often.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Wow, he looks really good after that year of hard work..

I also used Skydiving to help me get back into shape.. Easter 2009 to March 2010 I lost 70 pounds and I used being able to start jumping again as my reward.

However, I started the process because I was just sick "literally" of being over-weight.

Now, it's a year and I still need to watch what I eat and keep on exercising. I make up my food most of the time before work and before going to the DZ.

My ultimate goal is to break a long cycle of gain weight than have to work my butt off [literally] to get back in shape.

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

How'd you lose 60lbs after starting skydiving? Did you stop eating out to jump more? I find I eat worse when I skydive b/c I go for what's cheap & easy.

What a coincidence . . . I'm cheap and easy.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

. . . I do still have my moments of being "bad", but it's a lot less often.

That just sounds so sad.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

How'd you lose 60lbs after starting skydiving? Did you stop eating out to jump more? I find I eat worse when I skydive b/c I go for what's cheap & easy.

I was waiting for somebody to make that joke. Thanks for being the first :P

I was waiting for somebody to make that joke. Thanks for being the first :P

That is what I do, it's who I am.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun