npgraphicdesign

So my friend offers me a 'business opportunity'...

...former classmate form undergrad looks me up on Facebook and gets me on a phone conference with another friend of his. The lines I got were '...everyone is looking to make some money on the side in addition to their regular income...' and '..multi-million dollar business...' and '...we'll meet you with the regional rep who is a multi-millionaire, never had a college degree, yet she's one of the top in the field...' and '...this is a serious business opportunity and seeing as you're a college professor, we can tell that you'll be more serious about it then some average kid...' etc etc etc.

So I agreed to meet with them for coffee at a bookstore to hear them out. What shall I expect?

- MLM
- Pyramid Scheme
- Convincing others to buy products that are purchased through 'my website' and are sent to them from some warehouse
- selling something door to door

What else can I expect? I think I covered just about everything in my short list. :o:P:D:ph34r:

What else can I expect?

...a screwing?

...beach front property in Arizona?

...a guy, a girl, a video camera and a motel room?

...a plane from Columbia that needs to be unloading?

You're a college prof????
No sweat, we can work around that.
:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

~how come my when i get contacted by old undergrad buddies is always just about hookers and blow?! :S

Are they offering, or are they wanting to know where to find them?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

~how come my when i get contacted by old undergrad buddies is always just about hookers and blow?! :S

Are they offering, or are they wanting to know where to find them?:|

Yes...:P

Just as I suspected.B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

They're going to be on Celebrity Apprentice - that HAS to make them legit, right?:D

Throw all those years of schooling out the window and go sell all your friends on the idea!

:D:ph34r: AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! YES!!! He did mention that!! How the hell I forgot to post that I don't know...thanks for jogging my memory. :ph34r::D:D

An electrician did the same to me about a month ago. It ended up being some kinda scam where you sell vacations to people. It sounded so overboard, it made you leery right off the bat. It even came with a DVD so you could see it for yourself. Fucking hysterical what people will buy into. It made me see him in a new light.

looks like a network marketing deal to me,,,the 100 name list on their website is a dead giveaway. I've seen this before,,,PrePaid Legal (which I tried for a couple of months) and my personal favourite Debt Freedom Canada (which a friend of mine worked at for a year, spent a ton of $$$ with no returns)

Don't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

An electrician did the same to me about a month ago. It ended up being some kinda scam where you sell vacations to people. It sounded so overboard, it made you leery right off the bat. It even came with a DVD so you could see it for yourself. Fucking hysterical what people will buy into. It made me see him in a new light.

Is THAT what it is?? :S

A guy I use to work with 20 years ago contacted me a while back with something along that line...must be the same shit.

Like I need a vacation! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

looks like a network marketing deal to me,,,the 100 name list on their website is a dead giveaway. I've seen this before,,,PrePaid Legal (which I tried for a couple of months) and my personal favourite Debt Freedom Canada (which a friend of mine worked at for a year, spent a ton of $$$ with no returns)

Don't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Thanks ;) Not planning on it. I go to that bookstore to enjoy the free WIFI and do my work, so I might as well go early and get some work done...then get some entertainment. ;)

When I read the introductory lne, I immediately thought "AMWAY" Got snookered on the same line years ago. In med school, working most weekends to make ends meet, rare saturday off, ended up on my only saturday off in months at a fucking Amway meeting. Left, and never talked to them again.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

sometimes it's amazing for what sort of bullshit otherwise smart people fall; then they try to get their best (?) friends aboard..

not saying you were smart nicci, just saiyn'.. :P

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

sometimes it's amazing for what sort of bullshit otherwise smart people fall; then they try to get their best (?) friends aboard..

not saying you were smart nicci, just saiyn'.. :P

:P

I was smart, I am smart, and I will be smart..hence why I'm meeting with them and recording the whole conversation on my iPhone just for entertainment purposes. :):D:ph34r: