LisaH

Need help with shipping to the military overseas.

Does anyone know the best way to send something that is perishable?

Honestly, don't, especially if you're sending it to Afghanistan or Iraq. There is simply no guaranteed method, and while mail is a priority, it won't receive "fragile" care in the process.

If you're sending to somewhere like Germany or Italy there may be ways, but check import/export rules about certain contents that are food related.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Bummer. Those are the two places, plus Kosovo.
:(

Thank you for letting me know.

What were you going to send? I should have asked that before "shutting down" the idea. Kosovo probably wouldn't be a problem. Iraq would take a little longer, but things there have settled quite a bit. Afghanistan is the wild west right now.
Make light!

In-N-Out Burger was kind enough to donate a box of their spread, so the burgers over there would taste better. :)
Just noticed the packages say, "keep refrigerated." [:/]

you can send stuff packed in "Dry Ice" but it's not cheap
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

To Europe, you're looking at a minimum of a week to ten days and sometimes more. The sandbox is, I believe, two-three weeks minimum.

I think it depends on the units honestly. My dad always got his stuff within a week or two when he was deployed.

Lisa, I wish I could help you with this one, but I don't think I've ever sent anything that specifically said"keep refrigerated."

In-N-Out Burger was kind enough to donate a box of their spread, so the burgers over there would taste better. :)
Just noticed the packages say, "keep refrigerated." [:/]

It's a nice thought, but probably not worth it in the end. Kosovo would probably get theirs okay, but I don't know for sure. There are rules about exporting meat and stuff too, so that is certainly something that would slow things down considerably.

Honestly, for Afghanistan specifically, I would send good, high-quality beef jerky, and used (and clean) dental-tools/picks (used to clean weapons). Most dentists typically cycle through sets over a predictable period of time. They're much better quality than the ones you can pick up at the PX or Clothing & Sales shops.;)
Make light!

It also depends on exactly where in Afg or Irq the person is located. Us fobbits at the large bases (Leatherneck, Bagram, Kandahar) get mail fairly regular and quickly. I can order something online and get it in a week or two. But I have teams that live 'outside the wire' that we get to when we can. Sometimes, that isnt very often.

D
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

Well, since I can't send this stuff to the troops over there, I've decided to donate it to the National Guard Armory, Unit F TAB 1/144 FA in West L.A.

They open the building up at night for the homeless to eat and sleep.
:)

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

If anyone wants to donate something really useful to the guys in Afghanistan, send these

http://soldiersystems.net/2009/03/05/cat-m4-tool/

http://www.catm4.com/

And like Max said, beef jerky is a good thing, so are energy gel packets.

Here is another good thing to send:
http://www.froglube.com/

Some of the boys and I have been testing this stuff and in a pinch you can eat it too!

Actually tastes pretty good