flychat1

Fellow Skydivers... I NEED your help.

Follow the link to the picture here:

http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/photo-contest/heli-contest/photos/all/22614
------------------------------------
I'm going to be short and to the point. I need this to go VIRAL.
>>Invite everyone.<<
If we can make this go viral, I'll be going on a 6 day 5 night helicopter trip.

I'd owe all of you big time.

All you have to do is:
1. Click the link
2. When you see the picture of me jumping out a plane, hit "LIKE"

That's it. Under 30 seconds of your time.

Thanks in advance,
From one adrenaline junkie to another.

-Chase
-----------------------

Your very first post on dropzone.com and you're already asking for favors?

This is not the way my friend.

Besides which, most of us have seen countless photos that are pretty much the same as the one you've shown. Hell, some of us took countless photos that are pretty much the same.

I'm a bit of a jaded has been, but I'd need to see something a bit more special.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Follow the link to the picture here:

http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/photo-contest/heli-contest/photos/all/22614
------------------------------------
I'm going to be short and to the point. I need this to go VIRAL.
>>Invite everyone.<<
If we can make this go viral, I'll be going on a 6 day 5 night helicopter trip.

I'd owe all of you big time.

All you have to do is:
1. Click the link
2. When you see the picture of me jumping out a plane, hit "LIKE"

That's it. Under 30 seconds of your time.

Thanks in advance,

-Chase
-----------------------

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Way to welcome a new user dude.

Yes, he's a new "user."

I know that I, for one, was incredibly impressed by your air of superiority-care to take your ass off your shoulders and click and vote, or don't-without the sermonizing.

Irony anyone?
quade -

Yes, he's a new "user."

I know that I, for one, was incredibly impressed by your air of superiority-care to take your ass off your shoulders and click and vote, or don't-without the sermonizing.

Irony anyone?

that does not detract from the fact that your post is a piss poor way for a MOD on this forum to welcome someone
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yes, he's a new "user."

Irony anyone?

that does not detract from the fact that your post is a piss poor way for a MOD on this forum to welcome someone

Squeak, you are completely correct. Paul was really gruff and used very little tact in his post. A more professional approach would typically be expected as a corporate representative of the dropzone.com brand.

Now this thread will probably be locked/deleted, evidence to be buried instead any admission and apology.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yes, he's a new "user."

Irony anyone?

If I thought for a moment he was actually interested in this web site, I could see your point. I don't think he is. I think he's interested in advertising for his contest and that's it. Show me anything to suggest otherwise.
quade -

Thanks in advance,

-Chase
-----------------------

Greetings

Who are you? I'd like to know before I support anyone.

Did you take this or are you in it? A few details and I'll be happy to help.

Oh yeah..

In before the....
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I appreciate someone slapping down an unknown beggar. The OP reminds me of people at work trying to collect money for an uncle/cousin/neighbor who lost his job/pick up truck/left testicle.

I blame KMills for winning the vacation based on her skydiving photo and not offering to take me (not that I would have gone).
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Yes, he's a new "user."

Irony anyone?

If I thought for a moment he was actually interested in this web site, I could see your point. I don't think he is. I think he's interested in advertising for his contest and that's it. Show me anything to suggest otherwise.

what a load of crap, as a MOD i would have thought it in your (and the Sites and advertisers) vested interest to encourage people to join. Not to belittle them on entry and most likely turn them away.
you are full of shit.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yes, he's a new "user."

Irony anyone?

what a load of crap, as a MOD ibtl would have thought it in your (and the Sites and advertisers) vested interest to encourage people to join. Not to belittle them on entry and most likely turn them away.
you are full of shit.

Not that great of a pic anyways, the otter door is on the OTHER side!:ph34r:
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

what a load of crap, as a MOD i would have thought it in your (and the Sites and advertisers) vested interest to encourage people to join. Not to belittle them on entry and most likely turn them away.
you are full of shit.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't see it that way.

My job is not nor has it ever been to encourage random people to beg or advertise for anything on this web site. In fact, advertising is specifically prohibited in "the rules."

I see people come on this web site all the time, make a silly post advertising something and then we never hear from them again.

This guy shows no signs of being any different. I'm under no obligation whatsoever to encourage him to stay here.
quade -

This guy shows no signs of being any different. I'm under no obligation whatsoever to encourage him to stay here.

Obligation, no, but neither are you obliged to send them packing,
As a representative of this your post is a very poor recruiting tool.and whilst it may not have been the intent of the OP to be a regular here on Dizzy, that does not mean that other prospective members wont read your post and think otherwise about joining or contributing

Whether you to to acknowledge it or not you are representative for and of Dropzone.com, the way you respond to post can and will be seen as a representation of the site in general.
you sir make a poor showing.

I am well aware that i do also, but i dont wear the Green or work for the Co.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sorry you disagree with me, but I think if you read this entire thread, you find others that understand and agree with my viewpoint on the subject.

As long as I come down somewhere in the middle ground I have no qualms about how I've dealt with this.
quade -

Sorry you disagree with me, but I think if you read this entire thread, you find others that understand and agree with my viewpoint on the subject.

As long as I come down somewhere in the middle ground I have no qualms about how I've dealt with this.

I'm not disagreeing with what needed to be done, just that you could have use some more tact and professionalism.

I'm not disagreeing with what needed to be done, just that you could have use some more tact and professionalism.

Sir. I called him "my friend" and offered a suggestion of what I would be looking for in order for him to get my vote.

What more would you have me say . . . sir? ;)
quade -

Sir. I called him "my friend" and offered a suggestion of what I would be looking for in order for him to get my vote.

I say I should have copied your original post, it was much more blunt. Nice edit, CYA.

I say I should have copied your original post, it was much more blunt. Nice edit, CYA.

Sir. You mean the one that was substantially the same and cleaned up for spelling and punctuation less than a few minutes of having been posted? That one? Sir?

Sir, let me ask you how fast some others were to comment? Sir, do you know how fast you were going? Sir? ;)
quade -