theonlyski

April fools day pranks

Tis the day, what kind of pranks are you pulling?

Also, some clarification was needed around my office... If you set up a prank today (the prank was a giant rubber spider tied to a cabinet door) but the person doesn't open it till next week, can they still be mad??

I unfortunatly can't pull many pranks at work today >:(
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Just go onto a co-workers computer, backup their most essential files on disk or in a hidden folder. And then proceed to watch them freak out when they need to access them.

Personally, maybe I'll sticky all of Shah's threads :)

Just go onto a co-workers computer, backup their most essential files on disk or in a hidden folder. And then proceed to watch them freak out when they need to access them.

We used to (back when I worked tech support) find people who left their computer unlocked, take a screen shot, set it as the background, lock it, and move the locked screen off the screen.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Lots of fun things you can do via social networks - it reaches lots of people in a short amount of time.. I know my phone has been ringing off the hook ever since I posted on my wall this morning!! :ph34r::)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Lucky for me, the time difference meant that a lot of people didn't realise it was an April Fool's joke!! ;)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

No one can pull a better prank than my son did on me. Today is his birthday; I was told he was going to be a girl at the ultrasound months prior!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No one can pull a better prank than my son did on me. Today is his birthday; I was told he was going to be a girl at the ultrasound months prior!

In that case, I feel very bad for him. :P

:D:D:D:D

And let me guess, when you started to tell people you were in labor/had the baby no one believed you. :D

And let me guess, when you started to tell people you were in labor/had the baby no one believed you.

Yep! We lived in a different state from all of our family, we had to have that conversation over and over again, "no really. It's not a joke!" One friend who came to the hospital made me unwrap his blanket and prove it to her. :ph34r:

The woman who did the ultrasound had never been wrong in the 5 years she had been doing them. The doctor thought he was going to be a boy all along, based on the heartbeat. He couldn't wait to get back to the office to tell the technician! Nick also arrived on his due date; early on he was dubbed, "Nickster the Trickster" by my dad. :)
And theonlyski, he's had the same girlfriend for 2 years. I think he's doing ok. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

you have all our support for that! :D:D:D

oh, and then ban him, at least for the day..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

And we've proved our smoke alarms don't work.

Dare I ask?

:):):):):)

But honestly, ~19 bottle rockets were lit in our living room, we could hardly see through the smoke. We all stopped and freaked out, look at the smoke alarm, the red light went out, and we continued on with our fun.

Friends of mine tried telling their parents that she was pregnant 7 years ago today... on her father's 60th bday... It took them 2 weeks before anyone actually believed them :D

My godson was born less than 9 months later :ph34r:
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

#24: Drunk Driving on the Internet
1994: An article by John Dvorak in PC Computing magazine described a bill going through Congress that would make it illegal to use the internet while drunk, or to discuss sexual matters over a public network. The bill was supposedly numbered 040194 (i.e. 04/01/94), and the contact person was listed as Lirpa Sloof (April Fools backwards). The article said that the FBI was going to use the bill to tap the phone line of anyone who "uses or abuses alcohol" while accessing the internet. Passage of the bill was felt to be certain because "Who wants to come out and support drunkenness and computer sex?" The article offered this explanation for the origin of the bill: "The moniker 'Information Highway' itself seems to be responsible for SB 040194... I know how silly this sounds, but Congress apparently thinks being drunk on a highway is bad no matter what kind of highway it is." The article generated so many outraged phone calls to Congress that Senator Edward Kennedy's office had to release an official denial of the rumor that he was a sponsor of the bill.

So my son's roommate calls me an hour ago to tell me that my oldest just got shot and they're taking him to Herman Memorial...3 minutes later I'm 1/2 way down the driveway pulling 3rd gear in the Z4 when my son calls...APRIL FOOLS!

Somebody is getting their fuckin' ASS KICKED! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

So my son's roommate calls my an hour ago to tell me my oldest just got shot and they're taking him to Herman Memorial...3 minutes later I'm 1/2 way down the driveway pulling 3rd gear in the Z4 when my son calls...APRIL FOOLS!

so NOT funny! kick his ass!

in jail, fine thats kinda funny. possibly dying, not so much.

So my son's roommate calls me an hour ago to tell me that my oldest just got shot and they're taking him to Herman Memorial...3 minutes later I'm 1/2 way down the driveway pulling 3rd gear in the Z4 when my son calls...APRIL FOOLS!

I thought it was Memorial Herman?

Either way, send him there with lots of bruises and broken bones.

Possibly a hijack...

How far is too far when it comes to April fools jokes/pranks?

Buddy of mine said his 20 yo friend with benefits texted him and said she just walked out of the doc's office and that she's pregnant. He's 38, I think, and has other friends with benefits. Freaked the fuck out, especially when she didn't respond immediately to his "are you fucking kidding me?" text. :D

Hours later she said it was a joke, because he was too serious. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I completely forgot this year...

My best one was 2006. I got a random buddy to call my folks as my coach, and tell them I had a hard landing under turbulent winds and was taken to the ER. Over the next 5 hours we developed the story up to the point that they were frantically shopping for plane tickets to come visit me in the ICU.

My mom, saint that she is, said, "YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSHOLE, I HOPE YOU DIE!"