AviationTD

Air Compresser

More info about what it did when it died, and what its doing now. Have you checked the basics, getting power, checked manual or pressure switches with multimeter to ensure working, moter have a relay or cap that is not working, breaker triped, fuse blown.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Hardware store?

You should be able to atleast find an inline version that's threaded that you could install between the filter and the compression chamber.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Best source to find replacement?

Just to clarify ...depending on the compressor and design there could be check valves of different types at various locations on the unit. I'm guessing the one associated with the air intake at the cylinder head is the problem. If you have a "reed" type check valve you need to inspect the reed (actually a thin metal leaf) to see if it has missing pieces. If it does you will need to be sure that the pieces are not inside the cylinder because it potentially can cause internal damage. Like others have said, you can get parts at various industrial supply houses. Or you may have to order the part from the manufacturer. Also, there are types of compressors other than the "cylinder" type (rotary, diaphragm, etc.) and even the various cylinder types can have different intake valve arrangements.

I'm guessing the one associated with the air intake at the cylinder head is the problem. If you have a "reed" type check valve you need to inspect the reed (actually a thin metal leaf) to see if it has missing pieces.

You guessed right. I can see the metal leaf and it it appears to be intact. Nothing is broken. What other possible issues that can be associated with air being pumped out of air intake?

I'm guessing the one associated with the air intake at the cylinder head is the problem. If you have a "reed" type check valve you need to inspect the reed (actually a thin metal leaf) to see if it has missing pieces.

You guessed right. I can see the metal leaf and it it appears to be intact. Nothing is broken. What other possible issues that can be associated with air being pumped out of air intake?

Well, if nothing is broken then I guessed wrong! :)If the problem is still associated with the reed valve then some foreign object could be holding the reed open or maybe it slipped out of position. Bent, not seating against the intake hole, etc. pics?

or corroded from the moisture in the system.

Yeah ...or if the outlet check valve is corroded shut then the high pressure air could be forced back out of the intake. I would think that's unlikely, but possible, I suppose.

I will post the pictures shortly but I think i discovered the source of the problem. the ring of the piston is literally gone. I noticed a large gap around the piston inside the chamber. I figured that is the reason why my compressor can't produce enough pressure for the reed value to function correctly. I have no idea how to replace the ring around piston or if it is a possible to replace the ring. Any advice here?

Anybody here an expert with air compressor? My 30 gallons compressor broke down. I would like to try and fix it before I decide to dump it.

get off your cheap as and go buy another. time is money;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I have no idea how to replace the ring around piston or if it is a possible to replace the ring. Any advice here?

From those pictures, I'd say your compressor is well and truly copulated. It looks like it's got too hot and seized, possibly through lack of lubrication. Seriously, it's scrap.