shah269

What would you look past.

While in engineering school in the late hours of the evening when we were hunkered down in the university library with what appeared to be the population of Bombay and Shanghai eating curry on curry and farting soy sauce + fermented fish, my friends and I would lament the total lack of "viable" girls attending university for a career in the field of engineering and thus we use to play a game of "What would you look past..."

It got interesting. It was amazing what a guy will look past for a date when the aggregate demand is so high and aggregate supply next to nonexistent.

And reading the latest issue of blue skies magazine it became apparent that skydiving is really no different than engineering school with respect to it being a total sausage fest of epic proportions.

As such a girl who is ho hum in the outside world is a trophy wife at the DZ.

So let's play shall we?
What would you look past?

I'm easy, two basics for me have always been and always will be...1) NO FAT CHICKS! 2) NO MOMS!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

While in engineering school in the late hours of the evening when we were hunkered down in the university library with what appeared to be the population of Bombay and Shanghai eating curry on curry and farting soy sauce + fermented fish, my friends and I would lament the total lack of "viable" girls attending university for a career in the field of engineering and thus we use to play a game of "What would you look past..."

I can't be the only one who thought of this clip. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Should have pulse .... but who's THAT fussy?

;)
I recall a friend saying he would look past "bombastic gas"
Even if he was spooning her.
He just figured if he was with an attractive girl who worked out and ate a high fiber diet....bombastic gas was just something he would look past to be with a girl who's waist size was smaller than his.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Should have pulse .... but who's THAT fussy?

....gotta overlook the little things! B|

Shah~
Once again you illustrate why your perfect woman goals cripple any chance of having a truly meaningful and fulfilling relationship...you put way to much importance on a fraction of the equation...so crippling in fact it's a surprise you don't need a cane.

In motor-sports they say it ain't the paint that wins a race...you are so blinded by aesthetics you may never understand...it's what's under the hood matters most.

If you continue your path of limping along and only drooling over the smooth and shiny...you will be waxing that cane for the foreseeable future. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

For the record, so as to determine who I really am and am not, this past weekend I went out with a girl who was what some would call average.

Size 8+ and a bit on the short side.
Very nice girl, very well educated, very well spoken and very well dressed, we had a very good conversation and it was good fun.
At the end, I was not at all interested in having sex with her.
And I would be a dumb ass to enter into a relationship with someone who just simply did not turn me on.

And as such, I am at peace with myself. I now know full well that no matter how smart the woman, how wells spoken or how nice her car.....looks matter to me. And I for one an OK with it.

Thus, my two base requirements of size and motherhood.

I recall a friend saying he would look past "bombastic gas"

I gotta ask a question, shah. Do you and your friends feel like women are some other species of human that don't, from time to time, have intestinal difficulties? Because that's kinda what it sounds like to me. You strike me as one of those guys who is under the illusion that women don't ever pee, poop, spit, laugh so hard they snort, fart, puke, sweat, stink, queef, get a snotty nose, etc. I've got some news for you - women do all of these things from time to time, too, and if you're looking for a woman who never does this (or who is so insecure that she'll hide these things from you all the time), you're going to be looking for a long time, or might have to settle for a Real Doll.

In addition to 'twardo's great advice, I would also say that starting to realize that women are not a different species will help as well. (Almost) everything that a male body can go through, a female body can go through, and vice versa.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

WOW!
Don't get your panties in a twist.
Everyone farts, I'm fine with that.
Infact if you were to stop and read...I only had two no no's the rest were sure why nots.
So what does that make me? Understanding?

And what have you "looked past" when going after a guy.

:D:D I tell you, Shah, the best trolls are those who can regularly get even the most steadfastly "troll-immune" to bite at the bait. You, Sir, are a master.

And the funny part....I'm really honest.
Yeah so what I'm not into larger women or moms.
I'm ok with all other things. But saying no big girls and no moms makes me the devil.

What if I cam out and said, no vegans or no Asians....do you think I would have gotten the same reaction?

I wonder what the girls will look past given a few things.

I'm guessing the whole 'what you would you look past' is about something that would generally be considered a negative quality that you're willing to accept because you're desperate. Well the problem is that everything is relative. For instance I would never even attempt to date someone who uses alcohol/tobacco whereas for most other people thats a total non-issue.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

And what have you "looked past" when going after a guy.

My boyfriend of 6 years broke one of the "rules" I thought I had ... he's shorter than me.

I realized that was a totally irrelevant criteria to apply when I started paying more attention to how much fun we were having together, how little drama there is in our relationship, and how much we respect each other as we are. In other words, I was (and still am) attracted to the person, not the height.

Of course, I'm sure you'd think I just "settled." ;)

Very nice girl, very well educated, very well spoken and very well dressed, we had a very good conversation and it was good fun.
At the end, I was not at all interested in having sex with her.
And I would be a dumb ass to enter into a relationship with someone who just simply did not turn me on.

That's exactly what I'm talking about buddy!

You've been fillin' a sock to the swimsuit issue for so long you've conditioned yourself into believing that's all there is to sexual attraction.

In the real world there is so much more to it, if and when you ever get to bang boots with someone who truly knows your soul and you know hers ...it'll blow the top off of what you once considered good sex. B|

You walk past two or three dozen women a day that could effortlessly dovetail into who and what you really are beyond the bullshit front...make you a better person, and make every minute of your life a thrilling adventure.

But since they aren't wearing a beauty queens crown, you don't give a second glance.

You're missing out on absolutely the best part of life...always remember, if you are unhappy, it's because you CHOOSE to be!

Tick Tick Tick ;)

In the real world there is so much more to it, if and when you ever get to bang boots with someone who truly knows your soul and you know hers ...it'll blow the top off of what you once considered good sex. B|

*This*.

You really just enjoy the abuse, don't you?

i think we should all put together and set up a date with banesanura to find out! we'll have video for sure, and it will make us laugh for YEARS!!!

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Of course, I'm sure you'd think I just "settled." ;)

Not at all! Please read the title and don’t put words in my mouth.
You looked past one of your "rules" and found someone you enjoy spending time with.

That is very nice. Why would I accuse you of "settling".
"Settling" implies giving up on what makes you happy and going for second best.

For me, all other things are open but the two points I mentioned.
In the US and in my age bracket these are serious issues. Which I have to deal with.

But we digress, it's different at DZ's as it's different in engineering school with the supply and demand curves being totally offset towards the girls. As stated in the recent issue of Blue Sky as I recall "Being a single girl at t DZ is the best thing ever."

That is to say, a girl could have bombastic flame throwing farts and do rather well at a DZ or an engineering school but not so well at a more heterogeneous environment or say business school. Thus, implying guys at the DZ / Engineering school are willing to "look past" X,Y or Z for a date. And other than my two aforementioned rules, yeah so would i.

...or an engineering school but not so well at a more heterogeneous environment or say business school.

Not to drift to much but I'm curious...how long have you been out of school...how long were you in the higher education enviroment? :)

...Not to drift to much but I'm curious...how long have you been out of school...how long were you in the higher education enviroment? :)

Graduated in 2002, currently in an EMBA program.
14 people in my class. 7 guys 7 lovely soccer moms.
But it's still better than engineering school!
100 guys, 7 ladies.....3 from Kerblakistan (weren't sure if they were women but they always had dates), 3 married from SEA/India/angry land, and two that were my friends.

One of my friends thought she was all that and after a year of engineering went off into teaching high school. Called me three weeks later crying "Shah this sucks! I'm just another girl! None of the men notice me! I have to buy nice clothes and shave my legs! You were right! I didn't know how good I had it in Engineering!"

Okay...not to be critical in any way, you seem to mention school quite a bit as reference to your social circle.

You're IN school so it makes more sense...I thought for some reason, you were out a while ago.B|

I'm easy, two basics for me have always been and always will be...1) NO FAT CHICKS! 2) NO MOMS!

And so you are doomed.

Reality says most women will eventually gain a few pounds and most women will eventually aspire to be a mom.

What happens when the mythical girl of your dreams changes?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver