freedom1

Break line replacement

You have velcro toggles, don't you?;)

It's really hard to tell from the pic, but with that much fraying, I'd be awfully concerned.

The best thing you can do is leave it unpacked and show it to your rigger the next time you're at the DZ.

Replacing a couple of brake lines is pretty easy and cheap.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Just wondering if this is jumpabale

No!

Sparky

C'mon now Sparky - of course it's jumpable :S at least once
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Not sure if it is jumpable, but I am sure it is out of focus. See your rigger. If he can't focus on it, then you have a problem with the space-time continuum, and skydiving is the least of your problems. I am a physicist, and it might be that you have a black hole nearby.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Have this replaced before your next jump. Also, get rid of the velcro if you can.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

You will definitely want to change out that brake line before the next jump.
Here are a some possible causes of the damage.
1) It may be caused by the toggle as it has been repeatedly extracted form the "cats eye". Take a look into getting better toggles if your present set appears rough where the brake line would sit while stowed. With out actually seeing the the line, I would say this is the most likely explanation.

2) The Guide ring may be rusted or other wise damaged in some way that would cause abrasion to the line. chances of this are slim as guide rings don't usually get smacked around much

3) Your canopy may have a tendency to open hard or asymmetrically, and thus it may be placing an unequal amount of load on that side of the canopy during deployment

How many jumps on that line-set?
You are definitely due for new brake lines.
I also suspect that all the rest of your lines are tired.
Ask your local rigger to inspect all of your lines, especially measuring the difference across the A lines. When the difference across the A lines gets close to 3 inches, you are close to needing a new line set.
Like another poster said: only jump this canopy if you are current on rear riser landings.
Hee!
Hee!

I knew that. I only said that because velcro is a bad idea anywhere on a rig.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Am I the only one that noticed the irony in the misspelling of "Brake" line :S

Nope.B|

smartass :P
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I knew that. I only said that because velcro is a bad idea anywhere on a rig.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i find it kinda handy for keeping my cutaway handle in place.

And velcro really isn't bad at all for many uses on a rig. As a matter of fact, velcro toggles are probably less likely to have premature brake release than typical velcro-less toggles are. It isn't the velcro that is the problem, it is that jumpers typically don't immediately mate their toggles to the risers as soon as they land, allowing the lines to contact to hook velcro. I know of several jumpers who have gone back to velcro toggles to eliminate the problem of brake release on opening.

Am I the only one that noticed the irony in the misspelling of "Brake" line :S

Cars have "brake lines". Canopies have upper and lower control lines.:P

Sparky

Shit! Damn!!!!!! :o Got me :S
Pete Draper,