grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Leafs are going to make the playoffs ... according to Burkie.

on the news tonight they showed a couple of Leafs scrapping with one another in their practices. Burke was saying how he wanted them to be "truculent". Seems to me he is emphasizing physicality over skill. I don't think it will work very well.....but we'll see.

I think the Sharks are a better team without Nabokov. Nabbie just didn't have it in the playoffs.

The Habs keeping Carey Price and letting Halak go...we'll see how that works out as well.

What have the Pens done to improve their chances this year?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I am curious to see what the Hawks do. I hadn't followed hockey much until a couple of years ago, and even then only got into it during the olympics and then during the playoffs. I saw a few regular season games last year and will probably watch more this year, but the team has changed a lot.

Still, it'll be fun to watch Kane and Toews continue to develop together!

Leafs are going to make the playoffs ... according to Burkie.

on the news tonight they showed a couple of Leafs scrapping with one another in their practices. Burke was saying how he wanted them to be "truculent". Seems to me he is emphasizing physicality over skill. I don't think it will work very well.....but we'll see.

I think the Sharks are a better team without Nabokov. Nabbie just didn't have it in the playoffs.

The Habs keeping Carey Price and letting Halak go...we'll see how that works out as well.

What have the Pens done to improve their chances this year?

The Pens signed Mike Comrie and Arron Asham. But the best thing for them is rest. They played WAY too much hockey in three years, counting in the olympics.

If MAF can start stopping pucks again, they will be back in the Finals.B|

Pulled for the Wings since the early '70s, and I'm too old to change now.

We're not getting better, we're getting older. Luckily, our 'average' is better than everyone else's 'better'. :)

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

need i say more

i really miss the 1940 chant
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I have season tickets for the Leafs, I just hope they can make it to the play offs this year....with a couple of good fights along the way....:)

They're banging on each other in training camp, which is what Burke wants to see so I think the fighting part will happen for you. Don't know about the playoffs though.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Carey Price booed and pulled at the 30 minute mark after letting in 4 goals on 9 shots in their first preseason game.

What a way to start the year.B|

--
Murray

Carey Price booed and pulled at the 30 minute mark after letting in 4 goals on 9 shots in their first preseason game.

What a way to start the year.B|

Trading away Halak was...pretty dumb.:S

Hard to believe they did it after the playoffs he had. I wonder if they tried to move Price instead and couldn't get anything for him.
--
Murray