grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Lots of things going on in the NHL, glad to see this thread back up! Sharks are picking it up!!!!!!!

So how they doin now? I just got tickets (YIKE$) for the 24th at Staples in LA. Havent been to an NHL game since they called the Cow Palace home.
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Geeze... Those were brutal! Neither would back-down and neither wanted to quit. They brought a lot of excitement to the game.

Right now, I'm watchint the wings & caps. Good-good game! The bad part is... it's on VS! That network needs to either quit broadcasting NHL games or get some announcers who aren't blithering idiots and don't have a 'man crush' on Crosby or Ovechkin.[:/]

Chuck

It's easy watching hockey on VS..........just channel-surf during intermissions. :)
Not in OUR house, Alex ! Take that weak shit back to DC.

And I KNOW I HAD to hear this incorrectly........did the announcers say that Modano asked for #9 when he got to Detroit ?

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

It's easy watching hockey on VS..........just channel-surf during intermissions. :)
Not in OUR house, Alex ! Take that weak shit back to DC.

And I KNOW I HAD to hear this incorrectly........did the announcers say that Modano asked for #9 when he got to Detroit ?

Don

:D I do the same thing! I can't stand listening to those biased clowns. I'll check-out the Weather Channel or Discovery during intermissions.
Yup! He said Modano asked for #9! That announcer has to be on crack! Modano is from the Detroit area and knows all about the #9. That's what I mean... those guys are idiots. Did you hear the announcer pronounce Kronwall... 'Cornball'? In fact, I don't think he pronounced any Detroit player's name the same way twice. Where's Mickey when you need him? [:/]
All in all, it was a good game. Kept me on the edge of the couch!B|

Chuck

I was so tickled to see Detroit beat Washington! All those dumb-assed announcers could talk about was Ovechkin's one and only goal. That was a good game! :D
McDonald is doing great in net tonight... and getting lots of help. Maybe, that win last night lit a fire under the Wings. I hope so.

Go Wings!!!

Chuck

Matt Cooke gone until the second round of the playoffs for his latest head shot. Personally, I think the league should have sat him for a calendar year. The guy has no respect at all for other players. Hockey is a rough game but his shit should not be tolerated.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Matt Cooke gone until the second round of the playoffs for his latest head shot. Personally, I think the league should have sat him for a calendar year. The guy has no respect at all for other players. Hockey is a rough game but his shit should not be tolerated.

#1!
Too bad the Wings didn't have Dats and Huds... might've been a different out-come. Heckuva come-back for the Wings, though. At least, the Wings got a point.

Chuck

cant believe the pens blew the 4 goal lead.....but then again they are doing great considering all the injuries they have.

huge pens fan but cooke has got to go.....
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Not a good time of year to be without 'big' players. Especially, as close as things are in the West.
Cooke has a long history of things like this. Guys like him need to know... there's no room for goons in the 'new' NHL. If, he continues his actions after he comes back, he'll be banned from the League.

Chuck

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force Centre of the Universe (tm), as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

Fifth year in a row, Toronto is not in the playoffs...

Oh well, they'll get a nice high draft pic.....wait, no. They gave that to Boston.

Miss the playoffs - first round pick is around 19th. Yikes.

Why they haven't run Burke out of town over that deal is beyond me.

It's a real shame. To think... Toronto was a 'power-house' at one time.

Chuck

You're giving away your age Chuck ;-)

Unfortunately, I also remember those days.

Murray

Oh! Uh... well... I read a lot about hockey!?:)The Leafs have had some great players over the years but I think, they've been too tight with the purse strings.

Chuck

Toronto is like Montreal and believe it or not, the LA Kings. They sell a lot of tickets with marginal teams.
Sorta like being a "rich broads tax write off"!;):P
So why spend the $$$$???
It's funny that the two guys that had the great one were shysters, Pocklington and McNall, and when they sold out, or went to jail, the teams went downhill.:P

And a lot like Boston before the lockout.

What is boils down to is ownership seeing their stands full every night and serious $ for local TV rights (especially Toronto and Montreal).

Ownership says "why the hell do we need to bust our balls with high quality management/staff/scouts/coaching/players when I'm sold out?"

The Leafs haven't made the playoffs since the lockout and haven't made the Stanley Cup Finals in 40 years. Yet they are the highest valued franchise.

Here's a tip Toronto fans. Stop going to the games. Watch how quickly Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment changes their tune and gets their act together.

Here's another tip. Sit Scotty Bowman down in a room and write down everything he says and do it. Or find a way to clone him. 12 Stanley Cup rings...

Even with my team out (Ottawa), I can't wait for the playoffs to start. God, I love this game!!

Old Harold Ballard even came out and said it. MLG was sold out every night, why put a good team on the ice?

I was living in Toronto in the late 80's when all the local media talked about was Harold and Yolanda Ballard. I just prayed both of them would get hit by a bus so the incessant "news" about them would cease.

I think Brian Burke will do his best to put a good team together and that he has the confidence of management enough that they will leave him alone for a few more years. Well, maybe a couple B|

--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey