grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

I think the idiots doing the destruction would have done it even if Vancouver had won. These guys just use a large crowd they can hide in as an excuse. What I was enjoying is the fools jumping down on the vehicles being videoed in HD. Hopefully they pay a price for being assholes.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

There is plenty of

"Not a single hockey fan rioted, only hooligans"

"It was not us, only a very small number of people rioted"

But the video evidence shows us this was not the case. There were thousands of people rioting and looting and plenty of them were wearing Canucks jerseys. This is just downright disgusting and there are no excuses. >:(

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Boston played the way they had to to win. Vancouver is a 'physical' team but Boston out-played them. I thought, it was an exciting series. I'm glad to see an 'Original 6' team win The Cup. Vancouver didn't deserve it. Too much lack-luster play on Vancouver's part.

This has been a fun 'thread' and I've enjoyed sharing thoughts with all of you. Let's do it again, next year!!!

GO RED WINGS!!!

Chuck

Boston played the way they had to to win. Vancouver is a 'physical' team but Boston out-played them. I thought, it was an exciting series. I'm glad to see an 'Original 6' team win The Cup. Vancouver didn't deserve it. Too much lack-luster play on Vancouver's part.

This has been a fun 'thread' and I've enjoyed sharing thoughts with all of you. Let's do it again, next year!!!

GO RED WINGS!!!

Chuck

You're right Chuck, Boston played well in all 7 games, Vancouver in only 3 games.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

GO RED WINGS!!!

Chuck

You're right Chuck, Boston played well in all 7 games, Vancouver in only 3 games.

I wonder... were the Canucks relying too much on the Sedin's and they failed to perform? Vancouver played much better in their previous series. Boston was much more consistant and played 'their' game.

Chuck

Can't argue with facts :P

Men's and Women's Olympic Hockey Champions

Men's IIHF World Hockey Championships

Women's IIHF World Hockey Championships

Men's IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

Canada Cups

World Cups

The USA has some wins under their belts in all of these tournaments (all recognized as top international tournaments). But I see Canada and the Soviet Union/Russia winning more. Not sure where you are getting your facts from? :P

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/18/vancouver-riot-police-made-mistakes-says-author-report-on-1994-mayhem/

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think I will be supporting the rioters and/or criticizing the police. You need to understand the political climate in Canada (especially in a Left Wing oriented city such as Vancouver). Even though they lost the recent election, Lefties still feel they run the country and they hate the cops. When a Left Wing oriented city such as Vancouver begins rioting and destroying it's own city there would have been hell to pay and calls that "Canada was a Police State" if the cops acted sooner in this riot. The cops were in no win "Damned if you Do, Damned if you Don't" scenario. Blame the cops all you want. But it wasn't them who started this riot.

Canada needs to shed this national obsession it has that only Canada should ever win hockey games. But I still laugh at how you want us to believe the US has had more success in international hockey. Not sure where you get your facts from, but they surely don't mesh with reality.

Ahem...............

How many Americans were on the Boston team this year???

The NHL uses players from all over North America and Europe. But personally I think it is dumb to bring nationalism into the NHL (save the nationalism for the Olympics and other similar tournaments). Not long ago someone told me I needed to cheer for Vancouver and my response was "Why"? and then of course this was followed by a "Because they are Canadian" which in turn invoked a "Bullshit" reply. I can cheer for whoever I want in the NHL. I don't cheer for Vancouver because they are division rivals to a team I like. Heck I don't even cheer for the Calgary Flames (the city I live in) because they are division rivals for a team that I like.

Congrats to the Bruins, they were the better team.
I am done talking hockey until September (pre-season).

BTW ... here is a picture of the only one from Vancouver who could score on the road:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/commercial/2011/6/17/1308266116195/Vancouver-riot-kiss-coupl-001.jpg