grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Skybytch!!! PLF is gonna be PISSED!!!!!!!!!

It's good for him. ;)

I'm not going to get excited yet. It's not impossible to come back from 3-0, and this is Detroit we are talking about.

But yay Seto! I predicted that hat trick OT goal. :D

Most beautiful of all last night was the Bruins steamrolling the Flyers. Not too often you see that many Fyers getting knocked on their ass. Unfortunately, the Flyers may just have the Bruins right where they want them. I am hoping the Bruins wrap it up in Game 4.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

But but but ... the Flyers have the Bruins exactly where they want them. The Flyers like spotting the Bruins 3 game leads. Deja vu? :)

Looks like the Lightning will be able to hit the golf courses this weekend and their summer has not even started yet. How long they enjoy this break of theirs will depend on how soon the Canucks can take care of Nashville or if the Preds have some life left in them. This 2nd round could be a short one.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The Bruins will not cave in this time (I hope). Oh and BTW Tampa Bay is going to play the winner of the Bruins/Flyers series. The Pred/Canuck series winner plays the Wings/Sharks series winner. Damn canadiens can't even get the playoff structure right. LOL Looks like it is going to be a Bruins / Canucks Stanley Cup final. Though I doubt anyone can beat the Canucks.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

The Bruins will not cave in this time (I hope). Oh and BTW Tampa Bay is going to play the winner of the Bruins/Flyers series. The Pred/Canuck series winner plays the Wings/Sharks series winner. Damn canadiens can't even get the playoff structure right.

I am perfectly aware that East plays East and West plays West. But the 3rd round of the playoffs will not start until the 2nd round is finished. One 2nd round series is already finished and 2 of 4 might end after the next game. This leaves the Nucks/Preds series the wildcard as to when the 2nd round ends. Therefore the Lightning can go play some golf while they wait for all series to end before they get back down to business.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Holy slap-shot! The Wings have awakened! Lidstrom has 2-goals making it 3-0. One more and he'll show-up that Shark player from the other night. If, the Wings can only keep it up and hang-on to the lead. I'd just hate to see them swept.:|

How 'bout them Wings! They might go down but they'll go down hard! Sharks are going to have to work at it!B|

Chuck

I thought the Wings played their best game of the series.

I actually think both teams have played very good hockey throughout the series, but the Wings have fallen short in every 50-50 situation....hopefully the law of averages starts evening out. Last night was a start. :)
I almost wish that I wasn't such a huge Wings fan, as it would be nice to be able to appreciate the tough play and fire of both squads, and just enjoy the games for what it are -- but it's hard to appreciate a Setogucchi hat-trick at the same moment your heart is bleeding at the seams.

One game at a time.....

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I thought the Wings played their best game of the series.

I actually think both teams have played very good hockey throughout the series, but the Wings have fallen short in every 50-50 situation....hopefully the law of averages starts evening out. Last night was a start. :)
I almost wish that I wasn't such a huge Wings fan, as it would be nice to be able to appreciate the tough play and fire of both squads, and just enjoy the games for what it are -- but it's hard to appreciate a Setogucchi hat-trick at the same moment your heart is bleeding at the seams.

One game at a time.....

Don

I kow what you mean. I am aware of all the stats and the history of teams coming from a 3-game deficit to win a series. In my opinion, if any team could do it, it's this Red Wing team. The game has changed so much over the years and especially under the rule of Bettman. He brought parity to the game and a salary cap but the Wings have been able to pretty much over-come it all. There is a lot of talent, skill and depth on this team. They put their minds to it, they could win this series. Like you said; "one game at a time!" Go Wings!

Chuck

The Predators are a tough team! With that big win last night, they've got some momentum and confidence, now. Vancouver is getting a wake-up call. They could lose this series and the Predators could be the 4th. team to come-back from a 3-0 deficite. Maybe, this will inspire the Wings!?
I want to know something... aren't the Sharks supposed to collapse? :D

Chuck

I want to know something... aren't the Sharks supposed to collapse?

Sometimes what is supposed to happen doesn't. :ph34r:

I'm sure "true" Sharks fans will give me shit for this, but I'm glad Detroit didn't allow themselves to be swept. I'd have been disappointed to see a team like that roll over.

It's gonna be a battle tonight!

I want to know something... aren't the Sharks supposed to collapse?

Sometimes what is supposed to happen doesn't. :ph34r:

I'm sure "true" Sharks fans will give me shit for this, but I'm glad Detroit didn't allow themselves to be swept. I'd have been disappointed to see a team like that roll over.

It's gonna be a battle tonight!

You're absolutely correct!

I really don't like sweeps. When you have two teams, the calibre of the Sharks and Wings, you want to see a battle. You want to see both teams show what they've got. You want whoever wins a series to have earned it.
Naw! You're a true fan. You're an honest fan. What will be, will be but at least, give an honest effort. That's all you can ask for. Tonight's game is gonna be tough!
Mike Babcock taught your coach real good!:D

Chuck

Chuck