shah269

She's a collector?

She's a collector.

Thoughts, and I guess that includes pissing matches.

What are your thoughts on a girl who only has guy friends?

I have my personal thoughts on the matter, I call these girls "collectors" and as such though nice people I tend to avoid them like the plague.

What are your thoughts, in this sausage fest of a hobby we enjoy.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Most I've seen have issues and I find them annoying. Most cases the word friend is over used.

Spence, I wasn't going to say it because my god the flaming I would get but....I agree with you with respect to the "issues".
Something to be said about a woman who has few if any female friends.....
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Only has or mainly has guy friends?

My wife finds it MUCH easier to relate to men than women. I've heard women skydivers say how they like being involved in male dominated sports as there is so much less "drama" than female sports.

If they are nice people I don't care what the gender of their friends are.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I find all guys who routinely categorize entire groups of women based on one shared trait to be ones that I avoid like the plague. :D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

She's a collector.

Who cares? Does she like to do the naked pretzel?B|

I know of a few girls, some my friends some just engineering girls who are "collectors" but also appear to be prepetually single and or inable to esrtablish a stable relationship.
On my recent dates I've gone out with two girls who I would call "collectors". And well I personally was just not interested. Not that I'm insecure but who wants to be out with his girl and her 5 or so guy friends who just happen to show up....and who she calls "friends".
Personal opion on the matter is that girls who are "collectors" appear to be very very very insecure. I for one have a very hard tiem buying the "low drama" excuse.
Thougths?

>What are your thoughts on a girl who only has guy friends?

Same as on a girl who has only girl friends - she's missing out on a lot of people out there!

I gave this a good bit of thought.
And honestly from my point of view, I think I would be more impressed by a girl who has more girl friends than guy friends.
In my minds eye she would appear more secure in herslef.
You girls can be kind of mean to each other.

Maybe, that's why she prefers the company of men. [:/]
Yes but not being able to stand up for your self....would it be wrong if I said I like girls with a back bone?

>What are your thoughts on a girl who only has guy friends?

Same as on a girl who has only girl friends - she's missing out on a lot of people out there!

I gave this a good bit of thought.
And honestly from my point of view, I think I would be more impressed by a girl who has more girl friends than guy friends.
In my minds eye she would appear more secure in herslef.

You should see some of the guys I work with, they are just as bad :ph34r:

I dont think ones circle of friends would dictate how secure they actually are with themselves. Growing up I always had a lot of guy friends I would hang with along side my female friends. The ratio was more guys then girls at the time however each group of friends had its purpose. Most of my female friends at that time were not all that into sports and such, so when I wanted to go play I would go out with the guys. I was able to keep up with them most of the time athletically. I dont think me having a lot of guys made me insecure at all, actually I believe it caused quite the opposite.

Later in life now I am greatful for having so many male friends as it has helped me personally and professionally. I am in a male dominated field, in fact the only female IDC Eng in the Chicago area IDC's for my company only 2 others nationwide. My sense of security in myself professionally and personally has allowed me to excel. Unfortuantly some of the guys I have worked with have coincidentally not been secure enough in themselves to work along side a fellow female tech and I have been backed into a corner several times and have had to fight my way out with them trying to posture over me and be a "Man". They can threaten me all they want, they will lose ;) When I step into a position I am damn confident that I can do my job as good if not better then them.

At the end of the day a secure person does not worry about what others do or do not do. They worry about themselves and their own actions and try to do the best they can. The more someone has to bash others or gossip the more likely they are not secure in themselves and have to try and knock everyone around them down to the level with them.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

From this woman's perspective:

Men are easy to be friends with, because they only think with their little heads. OK, so maybe they're only pretending to be friends when they really want something else, but whatever, we count them as friends anyway.

It takes more work to be friends with other women. Women who choose only guy friends are too lazy to do this work. Plus, they tend to get most of their self-worth from their physical attractiveness, which is reinforced by their male "friends." There also seems to be some sort of twisted sexism thing going on, where they feel like it's "cool" to talk about how horrible females are, some sort of attempt to separate themselves from the (perceived) lowly secondary gender.

Did I just say all of that out loud? :o Holy crap.... Nevermind; I have no opinion on the matter. :) (Really, I don't. I have no idea why some people do the things they do. But it's fun to be obnoxious about it sometimes.)

Shotgun
That right there took some serious balls!
WOW! I mean yeah I was thinking that but I wasn't even going to say it.
WOW!

I was being a bit obnoxious.

But, seriously... I feel sorry for women who are unable to be friends with other women, whatever their reasons may be. I have a lot of male friends too, but I can't imagine life without the wonderful female friends I have. But then I've had the good fortune of meeting some pretty awesome people in my life, both male and female. Perhaps others have not been so fortunate; I don't know.....?

From this woman's perspective:

Men are easy to be friends with, because they only think with their little heads. OK, so maybe they're only pretending to be friends when they really want something else, but whatever, we count them as friends anyway.

Agreed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFWGOKuFyjk
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

But, seriously... I feel sorry for women who are unable to be friends with other women, whatever their reasons may be. I have a lot of male friends too, but I can't imagine life without the wonderful female friends I have. But then I've had the good fortune of meeting some pretty awesome people in my life, both male and female. Perhaps others have not been so fortunate; I don't know.....?

This is so true, I have met some of the most amazing people so far in my life, both male and female :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

...so when I wanted to go play I would go out with the guys.

[knock, knock]
"Can eeneR come out and play?":)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This is so true, I have met some of the most amazing people so far in my life, both male and female :)

Yeah but if she has say 15 "close" guy friends and 2 female friends.....it's a little odd.

Yeah but if she has say 15 "close" guy friends and 2 female friends.....it's a little odd.
Without knowing the full story you cannot make assumptions ;)
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

There are 15 dudes as her friends and she has two girl friends.
Any time we go out it's me her and 15 dudes.
She collects dudes.
What more do you want?

She collects dudes.
What more do you want?

So she brings her own platoon of cock-blockers?:S

She collects dudes.
What more do you want?

Well if she is bringing 15 dudes along she clearly doesnt trust the dude she is going out with :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

So she brings her own platoon of cock-blockers?:S

Yeah, and then they wonder why they are not in a stable long term relationship.

I've been on dates with girls who after dinner we go out and she asks if she can invite friends...i say sure and here come the cocks. Then when I don't call her or ask her out again she gets pissed.

I have some female friends who are the same way. But I no longer go out with them. When they call me up I just ask "So is it a sausage fest?" If they give me any hint that it is, I don't go. It's rude to her date and well for me? I work in a sausage fest environment why would I want to have that as my social life?
I like being around girls way more than being around dudes.