CanuckInUSA

Most extreme form of motorsports

Then there is the story of Bill Caswell who entered a $500 BMW E-30 in a lower division of the WRC RallY Mexico a couple of years ago. If you have never read that story it is well worth it. http://jalopnik.com/5497042/how-a-500-craigslist-car-beat-400k-rally-racers

Look up DRIFT racing. Now THATS a motor sport

Go back to the OP, and look up the rally racing. Those guys are all kinds of sideways, on the dirt, twice as fast as driters. They also have jumps, and trees and cliffs and people lining the course and jumping into the road to take pics.

Drifting is cool, but it's a show. Rallying is racing.

ohh i know all about rally racing. i just like drift, personally id not turn down the chance to do either, i bet racing either is a huge rush.

yeah i never did get the whole "lets stand as close to the track on this blind road to dirt hair pin turn so i can get a picture" idea. . . lol. but to each their own.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

As a former skydiver, turned roadracer, back to skydiving....Id have to say motorcycle roadracing and give a serious nod to Isle of Man TT. Most folks have no idea the amount of testicular fortitude needed to run that fast on those roads with those obstacles. In-fucking-credible. Yeah, Valentino Rossi is The Man....but even he bows down to guys like Giacomo Agostini, Joey Dunlop and John McGuinness
PHinz up!!! We are the people our parents warned us about!!

Id have to say motorcycle roadracing and give a serious nod to Isle of Man TT. Most folks have no idea the amount of testicular fortitude needed to run that fast on those roads with those obstacles.

For those not familiar, the Isle of Man is an island in the Irish Sea in between Ireland and the UK. They do a roadrace there where they shut down most of the roads on the island to create a 37 mile road course. This is not a racetrack, nor is there any type of safety barriers or run-off areas. It goes road, curb, sidewalk, building, just like every other public road. The top guys in the top class are topping 200mph at the end of the fastest straight.

Check out this on-baord camera view of a complete lap by one of the top riders. Any time you see the camera point up, and then back down, that's the bike catching air over the many rises in the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXc29ZgutI

Id have to say motorcycle roadracing and give a serious nod to Isle of Man TT. Most folks have no idea the amount of testicular fortitude needed to run that fast on those roads with those obstacles.

For those not familiar, the Isle of Man is an island in the Irish Sea in between Ireland and the UK. They do a roadrace there where they shut down most of the roads on the island to create a 37 mile road course. This is not a racetrack, nor is there any type of safety barriers or run-off areas. It goes road, curb, sidewalk, building, just like every other public road. The top guys in the top class are topping 200mph at the end of the fastest straight.

Check out this on-baord camera view of a complete lap by one of the top riders. Any time you see the camera point up, and then back down, that's the bike catching air over the many rises in the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXc29ZgutI

YUP most of the top World Superbike and MotoGP riders are banned from entering due to the dangerous nature of the race. Their teams and sponsors wont allow them to run.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?