CazmoDee

Tires

Minor issue: mismatched tires can hurt resale value if you're planning on selling the vehicle any time soon. If you're holding on to it for a while, don't worry about this point.

My greatest concern would be keeping an eye on them to make sure they all wear at the same rate. Otherwise, as long as they're the same size, you should be OK.

Also, obviously, make sure they're all a tread appropriate for the weather in your area.

Elvisio "If they're 33x15 ATs send them to me" Rodriguez

It's an '02 Jeep Liberty. I live in Key West, my wife drives it maybe 10 miles a day....40 mph max. I was thinking of using the full size spare off the back and just getting three new tires of the same size...
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

My Jeep has three different tires on it, four if you count the spare. The two in the rear match, because I have Detroit locker. The ones in front don't match the rears or each other. They are all the same size, different tread and manufacture. I tear them up off road on a regular basis.
The spare is 10 years old and doesn't match any of them.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

This car is what we call a "Conch Cruiser". 130000+ miles, two small kids riding in the back for the last 9 years, ect., she isn't going to leave this island. I'm trying to go with the cheapest remedy at this point.
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

Due to middle-of-nowhere flats and various other reasons, most of my cars have mix-and-match tires. I just match up sizes and types (usually all season radials). The only problem I've had was one new tire on the front made a car pull to the right slightly. I rotated it to the back and had no more troubles. :)

Now it's tearing up your differential. Shoulda left it on the front and just pumped up the other front until it matched the circumference of the new one.'
:D:D;)

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hmm, off hand can't think of any civilisized country that allows you to mix tread patterns on the same axel.
Even in my little third world country we are not allowed to do it.

Holy rubber meets the road, Batman!
All of Alabama AND Mississippi would be in jail!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Now it's tearing up your differential.

I got to thinking about your statement. The differential's job is to handle different rotational rates from each axle. Otherwise, just going around corners would "tear it up." After further review, I'm going to say it's harmless to the differential. :P

I can see different sizes causing trouble but different treads ? really ?

Yes, on AWD it does. When I had to use my spare the diffs made a horrible noise when backing up and and turning a corner. I couldn't figure it out at first. Same size different tread though. Once I put a new matching tire on it was fine.