k-dubjumps

Hooking up on Craigslist

I've got a new gig that has me traveling to San Francisco 50% of my week every week. When I don't feel like walking around by myself in a big city after dark, I find myself in my room watching TV or surfing the web. There used to be a time when I'd get plenty of entertainment reading the forums here, but you all have been kind of boring lately :P so I've turned to another source, Craigslist :o:).

After spending a good couple of hours perusing the personals section, I noticed that the same people keep posting over and over in a quest to get laid (BTW, last night I shared my room with me, myself and I. I know you were wondering). So anyone here ever meet or attempt to meet someone on CL? Have any good stories to share?

If you do and want to remain anonymous, PM me and your secret will be safe with me!
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

As a gag, I hooked up a guy I worked with and some chick off craigslist.

Was funny, cause I sent her my picture, when she got to his hotel room (he had about 2 mins warning btw) she somehow noticed he was black and the pic wasn't.

Good job on his part, he saved it "Oh, I sent you the wrong picture??"

Funny times by all.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Suuuuuuuure you did. Come on honey, there ain't no need pretend it wasn't really you. We all know there ain't no shame in your game. :P

You know I'd fess up to it if it were me! :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Why not hang out at the tunnel in SF?
Looks very sexy! :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

If you want to go trolling for dates on Craiglist, well, just remember, love is fleeting, herpes is forever.

I've met people through online dating (including current girlfriend) but Craiglist is super sketchy. I've also met people (not dates but interest groups) through meetup.com. I used to be in a book group and a hiking group through there. Much better place if you are in a new and different city.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

>Why not hang out at the tunnel in SF?

They didn't have those either back then.

The one in Pigeon Forge was around in the early 80's.

And I hooked up with one of my kayaks on Craigslist, but no humans. I've met several people through other areas of the intertubes though.

Hey Shah, why don't you post an ad with all your specific requirements, you know, size 8 or smaller, etc. and share some of the responses?

Funny you should mention that.
I was just having drinks with my good friend who just happens to be gay and we were talking about online dating. Well apparently for gay guys it's just that easy. You write what you are looking for and if that person exists they will drop you a line. No games, no BS.

I couldn’t believe it! Here I'm online dating and compromising on what I find attractive and what I have a good idea will make me happy and these darn gays just make up a list publish it and they get hits!

I have to say no wonder these guys are so stinking happy! Between making more money than your average dual income heterosexual couples they have next to no stress in finding what makes them happy.

Shame I have this vagina addiction.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

So are you gonna? I will if you will. Send me a list of your requirements and I'll help you draft it. B|

Oh yeah as a joke he and I did slap together a little post for crags list in the Guys 4 Girls section.

Lots of spam. That's about it. Turns out you girls can get dates by simply wearing the right clothes and being at any DZ, Star Bucks, Bar, Bistro or any place where there are straight guys.

For us guys apparently we have to "work" or "pay for it", until you ladies evolve and start hitting on us as good as we hit on you.

So I guess for a girl, sure why not....just be careful. But I bet a girl could slap together a list not too different than what I'm looking for; outgoing, athletic, educated and ok with cats....and get a few really fun hits! But only if she is cute :P

NICE!
Good to know it works for some :P

I'm telling you though, after talking to my gay friend.....MF......those guys have it FIGURED OUT!

Now my lesbian friends.....DARAMA!

My straight friends......we have no clue what's going on.

And my friends who live at home and collect guns....forget about it!

Check out meetup.com.

I haven't actually used it, but I heard about it on the radio. If you have a look there are normally a reasonable amount of people getting together.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I have to say no wonder these [gay] guys are so stinking happy! Between making more money than your average dual income heterosexual couples they have next to no stress in finding what makes them happy.

Shame I have this vagina addiction.

Oh shah, only if you knew. There's a lot of problems in the "gay" side of the fence too. It just depends on where you look. I'll take a D, I'll take an R, I'll buy a vowel A, and get an M, which spelled out D-R-A-M-A on Vanessa's board. But, ya, for the majority of the gays, the hookup ease is higher. BUT, finding the long-term soulmate (lifelong) is actually traditionally more challenging for many gays; especially back in the pre-equalization era. (It still is for many parts of some countries, and many other countries)

Mind you, some of them are your everyday log cabin Republicians running big businesses, while others are the liberal activists baring their boobies at Pride. And all sorts of people in between.

FWIW, I met my spouse online (We've been together more than 5 years; now engaged.). So online works. It was more of a date though.

P.S. Yesterday, I just surprised my spouse with a birthday gift of the Skydiver's Information Manual. Full freefall course to Solo certification, all expenses paid. He starts training this coming week.

Grass always looks greener on the other side.

But yeah, I have to say when it comes to going out on dates via online. I think you guys have it figured out! Two of my gay friends are in long term relationships from meeting online.

I showed them what the "average" girl puts on her profile on an online dating web page and both got a good giggle out of it and felt so bad for me one of them put me on a blind date with a very attractive Brazilian girl (thanks buddy!).

I guess it's that pesky men are from Mars and women are from some other planet where they won't say where it is but we just have to know and if we don't we are in trouble and god forbid if we forget when that planet was going around the sun.

That aside, I would say skydiving girls are a little better than your "average" girl. Just wished more read Cosmo ;-)

But yeah, it would be nice if you could simply go online and say "Hi I'm XYZ I'm here can any one suggest a nice place to hang out!?"

Wait I do that here! And thus far it has worked very well! :)

That aside, I would say skydiving girls are a little better than your "average" girl. Just wished more read Cosmo ;-)

no you really don't. Cosmo once suggested to me to essentially give a guy an indian burn on his dick... that doesnt sound like a good idea to me. also Cosmo constantly suggests anally penetrating your man with your fingers to hit the sweet spot on his prostate. so you might want to rethink your position on Cosmo....

no you really don't. Cosmo once suggested to me to essentially give a guy an indian burn on his dick... that doesnt sound like a good idea to me. also Cosmo constantly suggests anally penetrating your man with your fingers to hit the sweet spot on his prostate. so you might want to rethink your position on Cosmo....

Depends how cute is this girl doing this to me :P
And why hasn't Cosmo looked at the resume I sent them! We need to have a serious talk about this back door thing!

You make that sound like Shah may not enjoy it. Heck he is busy promoting the gay lifestyle and appears to be gradually moving in that direction. It might actually be a bonus for him:P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

It's worth noting, that not all gay men likes anything related to asses, instead preferring oral.

There's also the fact of the invention of the douche -- since many gay men will NOT tolerate shit (I meant that in a literal sense) or the smell thereof.

To some straight men, even a *cleanly* douched woman's ass often smell better/more flowery than her bush; it's all in personal hygenie. Same applies for the other side of the fence, and is actually done much more often.

The stereotype of the "fudge packer" misnomer actually miffs me a bit, unless in good humor, because the reality of most gays is actually different. It's usually a misnomer, whether it is the experienced douching, the odorless dieting, or the many gay men who DON'T even do ass. Or the longtime love-nesting home-owning tax-paying gay couple that prefers cuddling to sex.