shah269

IT dorks :-(

The IT dorks at my job took away my ability to check out the classified section! What a bunch of dinks! [:/]
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Not saying that I would/have done this as it's a gross violation of company IT policy, but maybe you should consider setting up a proxy server on your home cpu. ;)

and logging in and what not....yeah thought about it....but....these guys are smart!
No can do!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

... these guys are smart!
No can do!

So, which one is it? You call them both "dorks" and "smart" - you seem conflicted ...

O

I think they are not guys at all. They probably work with all the usual IT fare of the major food groups of coffee, pizza and after work beer and are not less than size 8 and word got out about his posts at DizzieDotCom.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

So, which one is it? You call them both "dorks" and "smart" - you seem conflicted ...
O

You know you can be a dork and smart.

"IT dorks" don't make the decision to censor Internet connectivity.
That decision comes from the fools in management.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Not always - I have managed WebSense servers in the past and they were subscription based.
The sites that were on the script that was provided was typically applied.
It took an objection to and approval by management to get it changed.

They block pages due to content.....usually sexual stuff but for the life of me i can't figure out why they are bocking the main part of this web page?

Am I the only one that sees the humor behind it?

Name: Shah D

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The IT dorks at my job took away my ability to check out the classified section! What a bunch of dinks! [:/]

Maybe they think searching for dates in the classifieds are not what an employee should be doing while at work....:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Maybe they think searching for dates in the classifieds are not what an employee should be doing while at work....:P

Well actually craigs list is a go believe it or not.
so I'm guess they are using that.
but the classifieds here and any other page here....other than this one..is a no go!
I wonder why? It's so strange.

But yeah, I'm what's called a technology manager.
I know enough about just about everything to have a good idea how things would work together.

So the only one on dz.com that's allowed is the one with the greatest potential for wasting time :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So the only one on dz.com that's allowed is the one with the greatest potential for wasting time :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Wendy P.

Well Wendy, what gets me is that I can no longer read the articles people put up on the main page during lunch. I learned so much about how to fly by reading those articles. Be it setting up for a landing to how to deal with turbulance.
I guess I'll give those guys a buzz and see what gives.
Shah

Yeah but I can check out the forum?
And there are lots of asses here!
And boobies too!

"IT dorks" don't make the decision to censor Internet connectivity.
That decision comes from the fools in management.

Correct ... that would come from "IT management dorks" ... like me :|.

O

And me apparently...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Well actually craigs list is a go believe it or not.
so I'm guess they are using that.
but the classifieds here and any other page here....other than this one..is a no go!
I wonder why? It's so strange.

But yeah, I'm what's called a technology manager.
I know enough about just about everything to have a good idea how things would work together.

Just tell them what you think and that it shouldn't be blocked, then tell them why... let us know what they say.