Audiophile Grade Duplex Outlet

I like this one:

"Well, I have certainly enjoyed the way the creamy smooth 60hz mains supply improves the capability of the switching power supplies in my home theater equipment to provide the cleanest DC voltage available. ..."

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Only $147! The comments are priceless - big thanks to PartsExpress for not deleting them...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=110-439

Machina Dynamica's Teleportation Tweak is at least as effective, far cooler ("The fundamental principles of operation of The Teleportation Tweak are quantum teleportation and mind-matter interaction"), and a better value for your money at just $60.

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina60.htm

I worked for a small audiophile shop when I was younger. This guy was making BANK. He would get some plastic tubing, boil it and get it to become pliable and then put it inside a larger tube and immerse the center with a 'special fluid'...which happens to be simply seawater with food coloring..(ooops I let the secret out!) and guess how much people were paying for a 1 meter dominus speaker cable? Nope keep going...thats right OVER TEN GRAND for ONE SPEAKER CABLE...aupiophile nuts have to be either mega right or mega stupid...or perhaps both.

http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Purist%20Audio%20Design%20Dominus%20Cables.htm

If anyone wants to know how to make these cables and save thousands of dollars hit me up! :)

Here's a good one. Check out the pics at the bottom with the sticks: http://www.dakiom.com/products_spkr.htm

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

The comments are priceless - big thanks to PartsExpress for not deleting them...

They're probably taking them seriously! Personally I'd recommended something like this. No wiring required, guaranteed to make all of your audio gear sound better, and less than 1/20 of the cost!

Bullshit. All amp power supplies convert AC to DC, and they should have a voltage regulator that provides smooth DC power. It depends on the quality of the capacitors in the rectifier. Good PS capacitors are cheap as fuck. Usually, the limiting factor in audio quality is the quality of the transistors in the amp, and the sensitivity and noise ratio of the speakers themselves. Anyone with a PhD in electrical engineering will tell you that most of these "audiophile" products are total bullshit. Yeah, Monster Cables? Total fucking nonsense. All the current in a cable is conducted on the outside couple of microns of a medium. Regular twisted copper is the best thing you can use behind silver and gold, and even then the cable is NOT the limiting factor.

Bullshit. All amp power supplies convert AC to DC, and they should have a voltage regulator that provides smooth DC power. It depends on the quality of the capacitors in the rectifier. Good PS capacitors are cheap as fuck. Usually, the limiting factor in audio quality is the quality of the transistors in the amp, and the sensitivity and noise ratio of the speakers themselves. Anyone with a PhD in electrical engineering will tell you that most of these "audiophile" products are total bullshit. Yeah, Monster Cables? Total fucking nonsense. All the current in a cable is conducted on the outside couple of microns of a medium. Regular twisted copper is the best thing you can use behind silver and gold, and even then the cable is NOT the limiting factor.

Fairly certain most people in this tread understand the ad for the product linked in the OP is bullshit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>All amp power supplies convert AC to DC, and they should have a voltage regulator
>that provides smooth DC power.

That's actually the ripple filter that does that (which is generally a largish capacitor bank; those big blue cans in most amplifiers.)

>All the current in a cable is conducted on the outside couple of microns of a medium.

That's only true for very high frequencies. At audio frequencies, the entire conductor carries current. At 10KHz, for example, skin depth is ~1mm; a 14ga wire is about 1.6mm in diameter, so the entire conductor carries current,

Fairly certain most people in this tread understand the ad for the product linked in the OP is bullshit.

What????
You kidding me????????????
Damn. I hope they have a refund policy.
[:/]

Does this mean that my Ambient Air Dehydrator Mark IV Deluxe added to the speaker cabinets is also BS?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239