Michele

You got it bad when...

Anyway, I drove out to the end of one, turned around, stopped, then accelerated down as fast as I could.
Didn't reach the takeoff speed of the Maxima before reaching the end tho.

Hey, I would have done this before I ever jumped. Do you happen to know the takeoff speed of an Altima?
Dan
"Oh, you went to a movie this weekend? That's nice. Me? Oh... Actually, me too..."

- You do a "gear check" in the morning to make sure you have your keys, phone, pager...
- On commercial flights, you bring an altimeter to what elevation the pressurization gives you
- Also, on take-off and landing, you try to guess the altitude every 30 seconds
- And during the flight, you look for airports and try to see if there are any canopies in the air down there
- Driving, you looks for "outs" and give "clearance" to the "downwind" cars
- Unconciously, and in an odd place, you touch your ribcage where the cutaway and reserve handles would be
- Every story anyone tells you reminds you of a skydiving story, or something someone posted on dz.com
- You bookmark the weather reports for the towns the DZs are in, but not your own

my FT-50 always reads 8K on the comercial flights. : )
...you'd rather check your state-of-the-art laptop before you ever let those baggage monkeys touch your rig.
...you've ever jumped onto the ground in an arch thinking that the visual would make any sort of difference when describing your latest jumps to a whuffo

I just usually have to explain to people that the object around my neck IS NOT to perform emergancy trichiatomies (sp?) That and most of my stories end up with me standing on one foot trying to ARCH...
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

Sub sea RW:
I was working in the Persian Gulf as a commercial diver last year and was working with a ROV (robot operated video/camera submersible) which was following me as I as was inspecting a level of an oil platform. I had finished that level an was told to drop down to the next.
I pulled 10 meters of umbilical and threw it outside the platform and called for the ROV to follow.
The drop was 10 meteres and I started in a modified boxman
with slides and sitfly but lost it when I attempted head down (helmet weighs 40lbs with cameras and lights) and crashed head first into sea bed.The video was floating around for months between client reps.(it contained my onboard view dubbed by the ROV's presentation) and I get inquiries for encores .My latest was a 180 reverse flip at night ...pulled it off but laned on a pipeline,so much for night jumps.
Last of the Jedi
Vman
Based out of Singapore
Singapore Top POP #1
RW & camera

I still say PMSing (Poor Man's Skydiving) is the ultimate downtime activity. I love doing it with unsuspecting drivers. The best is when you get some friends together and really plan on doing it... jumpsuits, helmets, goggles, and altimeter for no reason.

Basically, any passenger (we've done three-ways) rolls down the window and gets as much of themself out of the vehicle as they can, and the drivers keeps the speed up as high as possible (usually 100 - 130). I've got it where I can stand on the window sill with one leg and hold onto the oh-shit handle with one hand at 120 MPH. I usually just keep one entire leg inside... route it through the seat belt and hook a foot onto the dash or the seat in front of you.

I've almost docked with a vehicle that didn't plan on participating, but that could have gone bad. Next time I;m in SD, some of us wanted to get to cars together, go out to the desert, and do some PMSRW.

- Macaulay

Wow just wow. What an interesting idea!

I think the cabin pressure varies a/c to a/c, i've checked my alti on a couple of planes. I didn't have it on the A380 but if you ever get on that sucker, check out the camera up in the tail it's awesome! I think the A380 should be around 5000' on an alti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nb1cjfonjg