skymama

Women are better drivers than men

Well, Skybill, you have impressive skills to be able to drive a big rig that way! But I think comparing those driving skills to the average driver is like comparing a super swooper to a newbie skydiver. For me, I'll just be happy to get comfortable enough to drive Mark's truck with our new camper.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

For me, I'll just be happy to get comfortable enough to drive Mark's truck with our new camper.

Let me know where and when you will be practicing. That will give me time to get some popcorn. And no matter what, realize the Russian judge always gives low marks.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Well, Skybill, you have impressive skills to be able to drive a big rig that way! But I think comparing those driving skills to the average driver is like comparing a super swooper to a newbie skydiver. For me, I'll just be happy to get comfortable enough to drive Mark's truck with our new camper.

Hi Andrea,
I concur on the comparison angle. Have fun with the camper!! Keep looking ahead 3 times as ar as you would in a car and give yourself "LOTS!" of stopping room!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

See... This is what annoys me about statistics... It *would* be accurate to say that women have fewer accidents than men, but there are too many factors to consider to go one step further and say they're better drivers...

I reckon men spend more time driving than women do to start with... More men working, more male truck/bus drivers, more guy driving with their SO in the passenger seat... This alone skews the figures. And there is no way to account for the bad drivers who cause accidents where technically the guy rear-ending is at fault (for example)...

We *may* be better drivers, but the statistics don't prove that. Still, the insurance companies are right to charge more for "higher-risk" categories because they are statistically more likely to pay out for men.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

We *may* be better drivers

I always laugh at how people think they are above average drivers while they view everyone else on the road as a moron. Interesting how there can be so many above average drivers on the roads and yet have so many morons at the same time. Unless someone has taken the effort to enhance their driving knowledge through advanced driver training and stay current with these advanced driving techniques, people are only fooling themselves when they think they are superior above average drivers.

The difference between the sexes is that the average testosterone driven male thinks they are Mario Andretti without the need to do any advanced driver training while the vast majority of women know they are not the American racing icon and thus do not try to pretend that they are while driving on the public roads.

I see dumb stuff on the roads everyday being committed by both sexes. Both sexes could improve their driving if they looked further ahead than they already to do in order to anticipate things that are about to happen. Then have the knowledge of "what not to do" when it comes to controlling the vehicle. But much of the shit men find themselves in is directly related to not keeping their testosterone in check and realizing that without advanced training they are nothing more than average drivers at best.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

We *may* be better drivers

I always laugh at how people think they are above average drivers while they view everyone else on the road as a moron. Interesting how there can be so many above average drivers on the roads and yet have so many morons at the same time. Unless someone has taken the effort to enhance their driving knowledge through advanced driver training and stay current with these advanced driving techniques, people are only fooling themselves when they think they are superior above average drivers.

The difference between the sexes is that the average testosterone driven male thinks they are Mario Andretti without the need to do any advanced driver training while the vast majority of women know they are not the American racing icon and thus do not try to pretend that they are while driving on the public roads.

I see dumb stuff on the roads everyday being committed by both sexes. Both sexes could improve their driving if they paid more attention to the roads, looking further ahead than they already to do in order to anticipate things that are about to happen. Then have the knowledge of "what not to do" when it comes to controlling the vehicle. But much of the shit men find themselves in is directly related to not keeping their testosterone in check and realizing that without advanced training they are nothing more than average drivers at best.

That is just what a below average driver would say.

i'd rather be the roadhead giver than the driver... :)

I dare you to try that in a convertible with the top down, while passing a line of 18 wheelers... in broad daylight.

Holy shit, I think I heard a few air horn blasts.... :$
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I didn't say I thought women were better drivers - I said you couldn't determine whether this was the case with the statistics at hand.

I totally agree that most people think they are better than average drivers... Just like most people rate themselves as having above average intelligence... Sadly, in almost every respect, most people tend to belong squarely in the "average" category... To think otherwise is merely an attempt to feel less of a boring, ordinary, insignificant waste of space!! (Unless you're like me and you really *are* better than average!! :D:D)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss