iluvtofly

Finally shown "Scott Lutz"....

>Anyone here with mad internet skills want to make an anti-Lutz video that would
>explain what a tool he is and get it to come up next to his videos on YouTube?

I don't think there's anyone in skydiving who really cares about him enough to do that.

:S That's what's so sad, noobs see it and think "Wow, that guy is so cool. He cheated death!" Anyone here with mad internet skills want to make an anti-Lutz video that would explain what a tool he is and get it to come up next to his videos on YouTube?

Oh, come on. Don't be a "hater".

It is an awesome video. He can't get anything close to stable, he flails around and pulls his cutaway handle, when the instructors finally pull for him, his main just flies off into the sunset (so to speak), I still want to know what happened to the RSL, and then... Then...
He flies right into the powerlines.
I was taught very early that it is much, much better to land badly and be in pain than to land in powerlines and be in pain and on fire.:)

And then he has the balls to file a lawsuit. :S

And then... Then... Then he has the balls to sell it to every "video clip" show that comes along. RealTV, MaxX, World's Worst Vactation Videos ect. AND he does interviews for these shows that repeatedly demonstrate what a knob he is.

That is awesome. :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>Anyone here with mad internet skills want to make an anti-Lutz video that would
>explain what a tool he is and get it to come up next to his videos on YouTube?

I don't think there's anyone in skydiving who really cares about him enough to do that.

You're probably right, Bill. Besides, his little goofy video hasn't seemed to hurt our sport. And the comments below the clip, if anyone reads them, point out what a dork he is. :)

:S That's what's so sad, noobs see it and think "Wow, that guy is so cool. He cheated death!" Anyone here with mad internet skills want to make an anti-Lutz video that would explain what a tool he is and get it to come up next to his videos on YouTube?

I wonder if every AFF grad goes through the same thing when they discover the Lutz video :-) The commentary is certainly infuriating when you're just off AFF.

There are different ways to interpret the video. It's not just a case of he's a dumb ass and he fucked up. That was my first reaction until I gained insight form AFFIs posting here etc.

Aside from that, it's ancient, gear has changed, and an honest appraisal would not be as clear cut as you assume.

At the end of the day Lutz pulled silver and saved himself. He could be a skydiver today with an interesting story. The reason he's a pariah is the idiotic commentary and perhaps the background that he sued over this incident.

GOOD! What an asshat! You know when I do something stupid I sure as hell don't go on TV to show how much of a dumb ass I am. Last year at the race track on the bike when I took another rider out and he crashed I sure as hell didn't brag about it. He got his 15 min of fame.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

GOOD! What an asshat! You know when I do something stupid I sure as hell don't go on TV to show how much of a dumb ass I am. Last year at the race track on the bike when I took another rider out and he crashed I sure as hell didn't brag about it. He got his 15 min of fame.

Yeah but to be fair, I don't think HE was seeking a whole lotta publicity over it...nothing like what's it's blown up into anyway.

I think he was just a bad FJS that kinda got stuck in the storm of being the butt end of 'our' jokes.

He didn't have a clue, he thought he got lucky and it took off from there.

IIRC, Nick DG was either on the load or saw it happen from the ground. Just a lucky kid in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing...years later he's become an icon for bad decisions.

Kinda like Monica Lewinsky...;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I still want to know what happened to the RSL,

Bad luck that the the snap shackle apparently popped open.

NickDG has the most detailed version of the story I've seen at

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1609006#1609006

Thank you for that. I hadn't seen it before. It answers a whole lot of questions.

And "Twardo said:

Yeah but to be fair, I don't think HE was seeking a whole lotta publicity over it...nothing like what's it's blown up into anyway.

I think he was just a bad FJS that kinda got stuck in the storm of being the butt end of 'our' jokes.

We had this discussion a while back. I'd agree with that except...

HE has sold that video to multiple "video clip" shows. I've seen it on RealTV, MaxX, World's Worst Vacation Videos, and a couple others that I can't remember off hand.
And every show has a new interview of him, where he blames everything and everyone else for what happened. It's never an "I screwed up and got lucky" it's bad luck or bad instruction or bad equipment or something other than him.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I still want to know what happened to the RSL,

Bad luck that the the snap shackle apparently popped open.

NickDG has the most detailed version of the story I've seen at

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1609006#1609006

THANK YOU, for that link!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

We had this discussion a while back. I'd agree with that except...

HE has sold that video to multiple "video clip" shows. I've seen it on RealTV, MaxX, World's Worst Vacation Videos, and a couple others that I can't remember off hand.
And every show has a new interview of him, where he blames everything and everyone else for what happened. It's never an "I screwed up and got lucky" it's bad luck or bad instruction or bad equipment or something other than him.

I understand where you're coming from...but again, he's an 'outsider' so to speak. He probably doesn't really KNOW how bad he fucked up, he's just going by HIS experience and relating it as such.

Whuffo to Whuffo...it's a hell of 'no shit there I was' story, it's from the skydiver perspective we clearly understand what & how it happened...so we think 'what a dumb-ass'~:ph34r:

I mean if ya wanna talk screwin' the pooch by someone that should 'know' better, and trying to gain money & fame from it..we could look at the Shana face plant debacle and all the press that went along with THAT. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~