normiss

Skydivers in the news again.

Isn't THIS an interesting turn of events....
wow...

as i looked at the heading of the link DSE posted, it occurred that by adding a "u" and two more "a"s, and jumbling the letters,,, a different and slightly ironic Dot Com, can be created....;)

oh and i double checked my newspaper to find that it was NOt the local paper, but USA Today.. which reported the traffic stop, under California. in it's daily state by state newswire reports...
(one of my favorite pages of the USA Today.. paper...) i think it was Monday's issue...

it would be good, if all permits, certificates, and licenses, etc ARE in place.

jt

well hell I never seem to have both at the same time anyway

I believe it was the Fabulous Freak Brothers who once told us something along the lines of "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." :D:D

Sounds like from the article, once arrested he started talkin' like he was ON speed...flipped faster than a 2 dollar steak.

Not Avery. You'd hear about the devil buying snowblowers in Sears before that would ever happen.

The subsequent article (which was not posted until after you posted) makes the sequence pretty obvious--the other arrests resulted from material the police found in his home.

There's a thread on basejumper.com asking that the situation not be discussed publicly. Also, there's information for anyone who wants to make a donation to help these folks out during this difficult time.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Yea..we really should keep something that has made the national news as hush-hush as possible.
Somebody call the TV stations and newspapers!
:S

You should feel free to express your disdain to the person(s) who made the request.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Also, there's information for anyone who wants to make a donation to help these folks out during this difficult time.

Seriously?! You(or whose ever idea this is) are expecting people to pay for his mistakes?! There is no way you can make me believe that 60 pounds of pot, $800,000 and over 400 plants were all for medicinal uses. I don't think anyone is that gulliable.:S

If on the very off chance they are really legal distributors, where can I get in on the business, sounds like the dough is rolling in:P

Also, there's information for anyone who wants to make a donation to help these folks out during this difficult time.

Seriously?! You(or whose ever idea this is) are expecting people to pay for his mistakes?! There is no way you can make me believe that 60 pounds of pot, $800,000 and over 400 plants were all for medicinal uses. I don't think anyone is that gulliable.:S

If on the very off chance they are really legal distributors, where can I get in on the business, sounds like the dough is rolling in:P

Actually, I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything.

The people who know Avery and Jerri and Harry (and possibly the others, although I can't speak to that because I don't know them myself) will have no trouble understanding why there are some of us who want very much to help in any way we can.

I did not share the information from basejumper.com for the purpose of debate about the subject matter (i.e., the reason for the arrest), but only so that those who would like to be helpful to some people who have always gone out of their way to be helpful to others can do so.

a few excerpts from California Bill 420 is very interesting indeed:

(e) No person or designated primary caregiver in possession of a
valid identification card shall be subject to arrest for possession,
transportation, delivery, or cultivation of medical marijuana in an
amount established pursuant to this article, unless there is
reasonable cause to believe that the information contained in the
card is false or falsified, the card has been obtained by means of
fraud, or the person is otherwise in violation of the provisions of this article.

11362.775. Qualified patients, persons with valid identification
cards, and the designated primary caregivers of qualified patients
and persons with identification cards, who associate within the State
of California in order collectively or cooperatively to cultivate
marijuana for medical purposes, shall not solely on the basis of that
fact be subject to state criminal sanctions under Section 11357,
11358, 11359, 11360, 11366, 11366.5, or 11570.

how do we know he was actually speeding.

and Avery has glaucoma problems, so I understand the need to so much personal supply.

-BASE 460

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy."
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

The news report said these guys had three quarters of a million dollars in cash.
Do they really need our financial help?

The news report said the money has been confiscated, so it's of no use to them at the present time. Given the way these kinds of cases go, I would expect the money is gone for good.

I do not know what other resources are available to them. I do know that Avery has spent his time on this earth paying it forward, and that's more than enough incentive for me.

What others do is up to them.

wow.:S

If he truly is a medicinal grower, a decent attorney will get that cash back so long as no charges are filed.
If he's not, you're ok with criminally earned money???

My interest in this matter has everything to do with friends in trouble and nothing to do with politics and the law.

If you want to argue either subject--albeit, not with me--the discussion properly belongs in Speaker's Corner.

So if I get pulled over down there with $50,000 in cash and absolutely no durgs then they can seize the cash?!? That's f*** up.

Yeah, it's also incorrect. At least in theory. There is nothing unlawful about possessing very large amounts of cash, in and of itself. And technically, the police do not get the final say on whether seized property should or should not be returned, the courts do. Either the government must file a forfeiture lawsuit against the possessor, and/or the alleged rightful owner can file an injunction lawsuit against the government seeking return of the property - but in either event, the burden is on the government to prove, by competent evidence (i.e., it is not on the possessor to dis-prove) that the cash was proceeds of unlawful activity. If the government does not meet that burden, then the courts are supposed to rule in favor of returning the seized property.

then the courts are supposed to rule in favor of returning the seized property.

FREE O.J. ! :ph34r:

O.J had to hire a lawyer the first time.

I wonder :S if it will take a lawyer to convince the court to do the right thing and return the cash or the DA will do it by themselves with a apology.[:/]

Thirty percent of $800k in lawyers fee'sB| Yikes!!!!
One Jump Wonder