Rstanley0312

Dog owners.....

I want your opinion. What do you think about restraining your dog while riding in the car?
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I want your opinion. What do you think about restraining your dog while riding in the car?

Only when they are driving.

My ole Bear was 140 lbs, not something ya want flying around in case of an accident...OTOH he would stress if harnessed down so I always made him ride in the cargo area of the Explorer with an aftermarket steel screen between him and us...unless of course it was his turn to drive.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Depends on the dog.

If they lay down, or just look out the window no problem.

If they are running around inside the car, under the drivers feetB| or bothering other passengers it's a problem.

One Jump Wonder

My friend's dog died in a car accident because it wasn't restrained. He was a small dog and flew into the windshield. The accident wasn't even her fault, someone T-Boned her at an intersection. I think having a dog in a harness is probably a good idea, just like having a cat in a carrier is.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was adament about it until I moved. I had to Fill my car with other belongings and let him sit on the front seat. I've been spoiled ever since, but it does worry me.

Tucker is a small dog, very well trained and a seasoned traveler.

I have a new dog, roxy, who is learning and I use a kennel or a restraint but I have been coming up with a front seat belt idea that won't be uncomfortable and more importantly still be safe for Tucker.

Why do you ask? What's the burning question that made you ask us?
My photos

My Videos

Hi Moms

We were blasting acoss Ks with 270 AC.

My GF's dog was sitting on my lap and jumped out the window:o.

We did have him on a leash and could hear him hitting the car door. So we reeled him back in.His eyeballs were huge [:/]

He never jumped out the car window again.

One Jump Wonder

If it's mellow enough to just hang out, leave him be. If it's bouncin' around, tie it down. If it's small enough to be mistaken for a drink cup from McDonalds, toss it out the window.:D:P

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

A MUST.

People it's physics ... EVERYTHING should be restrained in your vehicle otherwise it's a missile waiting to go off!!!!

Evidently, many videographers are unable to relate that to air flight.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Related story:

Driving home from work following behind a guy with two large dogs in the back seat scrambling side-to-side.

One stuck his head out to right side and fell out (we were doing about 40). The dog hit the ground, rolled about 6-8 times and stopped on his feet shaking his head like, "WTF was THAT?"...I'm LMAO at the expression on his face.

So, I'm yelling, honking and flashing my lights at the guy trying to get his attention and he's completely oblivious.

We finally get stopped at a light and still yelling andc honking I finally get his attention. He sticks his head out and yells, "WHAT?"

ME: How many dogs do you have?
Him: What?
ME: How many dogs do you have?
Him: Two!
ME: Count 'em again!
Him: (Looking into the back seat) Oh shit!
Me: One mile back!
Him: Stomps the gas, jumps a concrete-line median and burns rubber going back.

ME: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

There's a law in NC. If they're in the truck bed, they need to be set up so they can't jump out.

For the record, no there shouldn't be a law. People should just be responsible. Laws for everything does no one any benefit except the ones receiving the money from the citations.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Laws are made to keep dumb people from killing semi intelligent ones. Killing the dumb ones isn't a law yet.:D

It'll never be a law. Politicians don't wanna be killed.

I was adament about it until I moved. I had to Fill my car with other belongings and let him sit on the front seat. I've been spoiled ever since, but it does worry me.

I have a new dog, roxy, who is learning and I use a kennel or a restraint but I have been coming up with a front seat belt idea that won't be uncomfortable and more importantly still be safe for Tucker.

I think it is important... so important I based a product off of it. I would love to share it but I do not want to "advertise". I wanted to get a feel for other dog owners and what they thought. I find many restraints are a bit complicated. I am not talking about the harness.... that is a good thing. I think even securing your dog without a harness is a good thing. This may not be ideal for the dog's safety but it is for the humans. Even if a dog is well behaved a dog can get spooked and do something unusual like jump in your lap suddenly which can cause an accident or kill you... possibly even someone else. I encourage everyone who has a dog in the car to restrain them. AAA reports about 30,000 accidents every year occur because of unrestrained pets and those are the ones that get reported....
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Not an ad... I want opinions.... skymamma... if it does break the rules feel free to remove it and sorry. Feel free to comment and please continue the discussion on what you feel about restraining a dog. I think it is a very important thing to do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1dLt310O5s&feature=youtu.be

We keep our 2 girls belted in with padded harnesses that attach to the seat belt. We were driving down I-4 a few years ago. A car was parked in the median. Not sure if it had been in an accident or was broke down. A small dog had escaped from the vehicle and as 2 young girls chased him trying to catch him he ran into the highway. We watched in the rear view mirror as the poor wiener dog was clipped by one car and tossed directly into the path of a pickup. I hate to think what effect that had oon the poor girls. PLEASE RESTRAIN YOUR ANIMALS.

edited to add this [url "http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=padded+dog+harness+for+vehicle&hl=en&rlz=1C2_____enUS465US465&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=939&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=18056562964529246922&sa=X&ei=1ppXT_yILNPLtgfSn62FDw&ved=0CIgBEPMCMAA"]is what we use[url]
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

We keep our 2 girls belted in with padded harnesses that attach to the seat belt. We were driving down I-4 a few years ago. A car was parked in the median. Not sure if it had been in an accident or was broke down. A small dog had escaped from the vehicle and as 2 young girls chased him trying to catch him he ran into the highway. We watched in the rear view mirror as the poor wiener dog was clipped by one car and tossed directly into the path of a pickup. I hate to think what effect that had oon the poor girls. PLEASE RESTRAIN YOUR ANIMALS.

I agree Rick and thank you for restraining your dog(s)!

A MUST.

People it's physics ... EVERYTHING should be restrained in your vehicle otherwise it's a missile waiting to go off!!!!

Same goes for people flying with a infant sittng on their lapB|
One Jump Wonder

Same goes for people flying with a infant sittng on their lapB|

Especially if they charge 22,000 yen! >:( Lapfare is stupid.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9