gonzalesna

Awwww man...

It's turn your clocks forward weekend... I love the one in the fall because it lets me sleep in. Of course, that always means I get shorted an hour in the spring.

Don't forget to change your clocks before you go to bed on Sunday.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

It's turn your clocks forward weekend... I love the one in the fall because it lets me sleep in. Of course, that always means I get shorted an hour in the spring.

Just means more jumps in the day. Of course, if you're an early riser or have an early shift at work, you're driving in the dark.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Of course, if you're an early riser or have an early shift at work, you're driving in the dark.

Don't remind me... I was just gettin' into the pretty sunrises on the way in, too.[:/]
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Move to Arizona ;)

I thought they NEVER had DST.

Yeah I think I remember some areas out west that don't observe DST. AZ sounds about right, or parts of it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Damn it man, do you know how much work I put in to them changing that to before the boogie?

We don't do daylight savings time here in Arizona.

I've never been able to find the OFFICIAL reason why, but my guess (and I'd bet a wooden nickel I'm right) is that the last thing you want in Arizona, in the summer, in the 100+ degrees every day, is another hour of blazing sunshine.

Elvisio "this year, I'll have a POOL!" Rodriguez

It used to be that most of Indiana didn't change their clocks. They'd be on Central time in the winter and Eastern time in the summer. It kept sunrise from getting too late (like after 7:30). For reasons I never heard, they have since gone to Eastern, and now do DST and clock changes. Which mean sunrise doesn't happen until nearly 8 in early winter.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

It used to be that most of Indiana didn't change their clocks. They'd be on Central time in the winter and Eastern time in the summer. It kept sunrise from getting too late (like after 7:30). For reasons I never heard, they have since gone to Eastern, and now do DST and clock changes. Which mean sunrise doesn't happen until nearly 8 in early winter.

Indiana is a weird duck, the eastern part of the state is Eastern, but the few counties in NW Indiana are Central.

This is because these few counties are suburbs for Chicago. Commuting reasons, I guess. :S The only reason I know this is my daughter graduated from Valpo.

This doesn't explain why the SW few counties are in the same boat.

Anybody know why?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

This doesn't explain why the SW few counties are in the same boat.

Anybody know why?

Because they are so far from the center of the timezone that their clocks are already messed up, and going to DST makes it worse.

Indiana sees sunsets well after 9 pm in high summer. They see sunrises after 8 in early winter.
I don't know the details about AZ, but I guess it's a similar deal.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo