Lucky123

Is this for real?

back to point 1. But hey if being revealed as a fraud is "winning" in your book... just go ahead and admit your standard of success is exceedingly low.

back to point 1. But hey if being revealed as a fraud is "winning" in your book... just go ahead and admit your standard of success is exceedingly low.

You are still missing the point of creating viral videos; For the soul purpose of stimulating a response from as many people as possible. He won, almost 10 million views and countless news agencies reporting on it. Even though it was pointed out as a fake by a lot of the more experienced or observant people out there, he still got a LOT of people to think that it was real. I had family members sending me the link to his videos asking me if I knew him or if i had ever done that. An experiment in social media he claims? well a damn revealing one.

And like I said, a few times, his goal for this project was not to become a aeronautical hero. He made the video to trick people into thinking a fictional character had done something amazing. In doing so he became an internet celebrity. Even if his project went farther than he thought it would.

You call him an exposed fraud, as if he was a famous climber that had been caught trying to fake summiting a never before climbed mountain.

Instead the video maker (not the protagonist in the famous video, who is an actor) made up a fictional engineer(Smeets) and fictional project that had just enough validity to it so that it could be believed by a TON (though not all) of people. And it worked. Even if you are too smart too be duped, the video made its rounds thought the world internet and is still being reported on by news agencies that also report on massive world events. A lowly film maker received recognition worldwide for faking something that in the grand scheme of earth means nothing.

Tricking millions of people is not a respectable thing to spend your life doing, but you have to give him credit for pulling it off.

He won

Who lost?

To win something or in something does not mean there is a loser, or even a contest. To win simply means to be successful in a venture.

OR you could argue that it was Mr. Kaayk against the world, and getting a large majority of them to believe he had in fact made his project work was him "winning". But I don't think that is a good way to see things.

Kaayk simply did what he set out to do, trick a bunch of people.

http://www.humanbirdwings.net/

Calling Wile E. Coyote...this just might help you get that Roadrunner.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Even though it was pointed out as a fake by a lot of the more experienced or observant people out there, he still got a LOT of people to think that it was real.

Meh, there are a fuckton of gullible people out there then. Doesn't take much of a brain to look at the video and tell it's fake.

Or maybe I'm just special. :ph34r:

Even though it was pointed out as a fake by a lot of the more experienced or observant people out there, he still got a LOT of people to think that it was real.

Meh, there are a fuckton of gullible people out there then. Doesn't take much of a brain to look at the video and tell it's fake.

But we ARE special, in that we know how something like that SHOULD look better than most people.

Honestly, this is a forum of skydivers. We spend a large portion of our lives observing things that fly.

A race car driver could more easily look at a CGI car video and point out the reasons it looks fake than your average hippie could.

But we ARE special, in that we know how something like that SHOULD look better than most people.

Honestly, this is a forum of skydivers. We spend a large portion of our lives observing things that fly.

A race car driver could more easily look at a CGI car video and point out the reasons it looks fake than your average hippie could.

But it goes beyond just knowing what flying looks like. The constant blurry images, the cuts to different angles, the very obvious cgi on the side view "take off" angle.

But it goes beyond just knowing what flying looks like. The constant blurry images, the cuts to different angles, the very obvious cgi on the side view "take off" angle.

I agree there, and it was easy to spot right off the bat for us. But on the first two days as it was "going viral" on the 19th and 20th, there were a lot of news agencies reporting it as fact.

-SPACE-