Abedy

Dramatic clouds...

...but fortunately they didn't result in a mighty thunderstorm just some rain. Lucky us, huh? See pics attached, taken last night after a nice day with jumping from 10 am to 7 pm :)Other areas in Germany weren't that lucky, though :(
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Great, now even the clouds on this site are full of drama.[:/]:D

They changed their facebook relationship status to "its complicated" and then posted some meme pictures about fake friends.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You are right but these clouds were way too tempting not to to be shot. And they didn't bring that amount of rain.
But yeah, some nice pics to come in near future B|

Nice mammatus! They usually form on the bottom of decaying cumulonimbus, so they usually occur after thunderstorms. Though I've seen them form from altocumulus too.

Had a decent even here in 2010 if only it had been in the evening when there was sunset light, but occurred in the morning. Called in to work immediately requesting an hour late start to the day. Thunderstorms are rare here in Cape Town, and mammatus even more so, not the best place for a storm chaser and severe weather enthusiast.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xmesox/3452728749/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xmesox/3452728945/in/photostream

Some enhancement to bring it to 'as seen', like all digital photography. Some brightness and contrast to deal with cameras censors never being able to capture light the same way as the human eye sees it. But not even after that can it truly capture what it looks like in person.

Thanks a lot for the link to the article. Didn't know I photographed such a rare cloud formation. Conditions fitted: Heavy storm (a bit away from us) and air really, really humid.

As Meso wrote I just enhanced contrast and colour saturation a little as the "camera" is just my old k800i mobile phone with a more-or-less pinhole camera if you consider the small lens...