johnmatrix

F-22 Raptor hypoxia cause?

I don't think there has never been a military aircraft that hasn't killed one test pilot. I could be wrong though.

The majority of military aircraft make it through flight testing without killing any test pilots. For one, I can name the Northrop T-38 Talon as the first supersonic military jet to make it through flight testing without a single crash! (1961)
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

OBOGS - On-board Oxygen Generation System. And the oxygen generated for the pilot is the same that gets routed through the engine structure for combustion. The pilot gets it AFTER the engine does :S It sounds like a bad design, but it's been used successfully on several other aircraft.

Its not quite that simple, whilst the OBOGs systems are integrated with inflow, they dont go via the engines! Besides OBOGs has been around for ages and is fully understood against gen 3/4 jets. The critical issues are related to G onset rates and demand against the control laws at certain parameters within the gen 4/5 jets. In addition there are other issues within design which are potential show stoppers under a small number of flight parameters which until you generate a lot of flight hours do not appear in simulation. Thats about all I am allowed to discuss.
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Personally I think they are passing out, cause they look out the window and see the drone, that cost 30k, can pull 20g's, is run by a 17 year old video game geek and their job disappearing over the horizon,
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Whilst thst maybe the future the drones of even the 10% capability predator/reaper etc are more like £9M a piece not quite £30K. Drones are great for individual targets and surveillance but still limited for multirole engagments, show off force, mutliple delivery etc
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Whilst thst maybe the future the drones of even the 10% capability predator/reaper etc are more like £9M a piece not quite £30K. Drones are great for individual targets and surveillance but still limited for multirole engagments, show off force, mutliple delivery etc

And I believe they are still controlled by Commissioned Officers and Senior Enlisted vs. a 17 yr. geek.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

they dont go via the engines!

I never said it goes via the engines. I said the gasses generated by the OBOGS give first priority to the engines, and the pilot get priority AFTER the engine does. I do not think the order of priority contributed to these issues. I just feel that the military prioritizes multi-million dollar aircraft BEFORE soldiers, and I have an issue with that.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Haney’s problem started when a system that channels air from the F-22′s engines began leaking, initiating an automatic safeguard that forced air-dependent systems, including the OBOGS...

Bad software.

OBOGS - On-board Oxygen Generation System. And the oxygen generated for the pilot is the same that gets routed through the engine structure for combustion. The pilot gets it AFTER the engine does :S It sounds like a bad design, but it's been used successfully on several other aircraft.

Its not quite that simple, whilst the OBOGs systems are integrated with inflow, they dont go via the engines! Besides OBOGs has been around for ages and is fully understood against gen 3/4 jets. The critical issues are related to G onset rates and demand against the control laws at certain parameters within the gen 4/5 jets. In addition there are other issues within design which are potential show stoppers under a small number of flight parameters which until you generate a lot of flight hours do not appear in simulation. Thats about all I am allowed to discuss.

You dont think it has anything to do with the faulty ”Combat Edge” G-suit vest??