rss_v

Who can relate to this?

Where else can you get 3 forms of flight for $25?:|

Not as a passenger, or student. :P

But, to the OP: Ok, what is your point? If we're so boring, why are you talking to us?

Ok, I've had a hard few days. and I'm in a sort of bad mood. :D:D I'll get over it. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

learn how to talk to people, maybe they will jump with you then, and you will have lots of fun.

Wow, sounds like no one will jump with you. Sorry.

Do you find solo jumping boring as well? Is "synchronised swimming" really a lot better?

The referenced enjoyment comes in particular from finding extremely cheap/improvised gear solutions.

Jumping got pretty dull by about #20 - I really pity camera men and, to a lesser extent, instructors.

I love doing camera work (tandem videos usually).

There's never time to get your head out of the game being an instructor either.

Those are my most fun jumps sometimes!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Me
skydiving is the most boring thing EVER[:/]

I don't understand this thread. You did one tandem and didn't enjoy it or are you a skydiver that is suddenly bored? If you did a tandem and didn't enjoy it maybe you had a bad tandem master that didn't make it fun for you. But generally tandems aren't the best part of the sport....yea its a sensory overload and a thrill, but you don't actually get to do much of anything. And you certainly don't get to fly around and play with your friends in the sky.

At any rate, this is our world...if you don't like it take up bowling or maybe play in traffic.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Do you find solo jumping boring as well? Is "synchronised swimming" really a lot better?

So you are trying to convince us that skydiving is boring? :)
If its no fun for you, then do something else.

I'll stick with the mind-numbing boredom of skydiving for a bit longer
if its all the same to you ;)
__

My mighty steed

So you are trying to convince us that skydiving is boring? :)

That would make no sense. I'm just asking some questions there to see what people enjoy about it.

Solo jumping can be a bit uninteresting. If you've got low jump numbers then sometimes the CCI won't let you jump even though others do so you spend all day at the DZ only to get one jump in which can be frustrating too.

The most fun jumps I've done is with others. Get on a 2 way or get some coaching.

Jumps are also not much fun if you don't have any plan for it. I'm trying to get better at freeflying so when I'm not jumping with others I'm on my back looking at the sky or in stand and just working on getting better so when I do get on another 2 way or bigger jump I'm able to be in more control.

so.. Get some jumps in with a coach then some experienced friends, figure out what you like doing and set some goals.

It's a very expensive and risky way of being bored...

Good luck :)

Go to your local DZ, find someone who looks to be "crazier" than most. Tell him/her that you want to hang on a "Mr.Bill" jump, if they oblige, come back and tell us you were bored.

Also, I found tracking dives to be THE SHIIIIITTT when I was a newish jumper.

Try some high pulls too with other people. Canopy flocking is a blast.

Solos are kind of a bummer and I can honestly say I probably havn't done one in 500 jumps.