cocheese

Going to the dz and finding it closed is like....

....Going to your girlfriend's house and finding a note that says:
Gone fishing with Bob and Steve. Sorry, I lost my phone.:|

That happened to me once. I think it was 4th of July or Labor Day. Some nonsense about the plane. :S So I helped the pilot fiddle with the engine on the old Beech for a couple of hours and then I just walked next door to the other DZ and made a couple of jumps. :)

:) This is about skydiving. Not poly ticks.

Because TFRs aren't made by those people. It would be exactly the same for whichever side was in office. The TFRs are requested by the Secret Sevice and put in place by Homeland Security via the FAA. It has nothing to do with the person and only to do with the office they occupy.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Going to the dz and finding it closed is like....

... Getting picked up by the MPs for being AWOL because you inversed the day/month on your leave pass...

... Especially when you realise you already worked on the wrong date you *did* put down... :S

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

What DZ closes on Labor Day? That's like throwing away money.

Not really. I'm on the ground today. The DZ was open over the weekend, got a bunch of tandems and S/L students up. Most everyone has "relative work" to do today, so the DZO decided not to open.
They tried to do July 4th and only had a handful of people there, and decided today would be similar.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

What DZ closes on Labor Day? That's like throwing away money.

My home DZ in AL. Not that I care, I haven't jumped in nearly two years.

why not? ya big poof
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Few places match the melancholy of a closed DZ. Although out-of-season seaside resorts come close.

Worst reason I can remember for closing a DZ was that it was the day of Princess Diana's funeral. Not a very popular decision, as I remember! Safe to say it was done in deference to the sensitivities of the local villagers rather than the club members.