airdvr

Midway Airport

Flew in and out of Midway this weekend. On approach I thought we were gonna drag a gear through the roofs of the surrounding homes. I'm looking out the window waiting to see runway and all I see are rooftops. That is one tight LZ.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Flew in and out of Midway this weekend. On approach I thought we were gonna drag a gear through the roofs of the surrounding homes. I'm looking out the window waiting to see runway and all I see are rooftops. That is one tight LZ.

Want a REAL thrill...do that an night in winter!

~ short runway, middle of a neighborhood, slidin' sideways on snow & ice in a 737, through the Jack in the Box 'drive through' on the corner...Now THAT wuz interesting! :|

Walking past the Capt as I was leaving I made a smart-ass remark about sliding 80 more feet and coulda just dripped me at my car...He winked and NEXT time buy a first call ticket and i will !

Now I just pay the nickel more and go to ORD.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Want a REAL thrill...do that an night in winter!

~ short runway, middle of a neighborhood, slidin' sideways on snow & ice in a 737, through the Jack in the Box 'drive through' on the corner...Now THAT wuz interesting! :|

Walking past the Capt as I was leaving I made a smart-ass remark about sliding 80 more feet and coulda just dripped me at my car...He winked and NEXT time buy a first call ticket and i will !

Now I just pay the nickel more and go to ORD.

Our driver went a bit long and then bounced the landing. I swear we hit an arrester cable when we touched down the second time. When he left the runway I saw the gas station from this wild ride.

http://xsimreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/kmdw-crash.jpg
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Back in the 70's I knew two jumpers that lived in 3rd floor apartment in line with the end of one of the runways. Depending on the wind either landing lights lit the whole place up or the noise was deafening as plane passed over. The guys would swap who got to sleep in the bedroom every week. That was dead center of the runway. I guess bringing some girl home an some plane coming in to land in the middle of the night added a whole new dimension to kinky.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

That going out... reminds me of Salt Lake City going in. Never been there when I didn't get bounced all over the place while they're threading the mountain.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

That going out... reminds me of Salt Lake City going in. Never been there when I didn't get bounced all over the place while they're threading the mountain.

That was in good weather... imagine in the winter when the clouds and fog roll in.. and KNOWING all those pesky hard bits are right out there all around you. I have had to go up there a few times for a project I was involved in... Loved the dive in landing a few times too