dropdeded

(sports) Criteria for "Blacked Out in Your Area"??

So what the fuck>:(

Paid for the Direct TV "NHL Network" crap and Im like 60 miles from LA, and I dont know 300ish miles from San Jose. I got it to watch Sharks games and getting tired of this "This Channel Blacked Out in Your Area" shit>:(>:(

WTF? I get some games from both SJ and LA sometimes....if it wasnt for all the other games....

Whats the "criteria" for this shit and who do I complain too (other than you guys:P)
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

So what the fuck>:(

Paid for the Direct TV "NHL Network" crap and Im like 60 miles from LA, and I dont know 300ish miles from San Jose. I got it to watch Sharks games and getting tired of this "This Channel Blacked Out in Your Area" shit>:(>:(

WTF? I get some games from both SJ and LA sometimes....if it wasnt for all the other games....

Whats the "criteria" for this shit and who do I complain too (other than you guys:P)

Ya lost me at 'Hockey....'

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have been on the phone with Direct TV frequently, since the 1st of the month due to chronic " searching for satellite" & blackouts on favorite channels.
I understand weather factors, but we've had some fairly mild, clear, BlueSkies, low, wind days since the trouble started.
Ironically, there seems to be little to no disturbance during times commercials are aired, though we were totally blacked out with no signal for the most part of yesterday. >:(:S
Another issue we have...we live in WI., but only get local channels ( i.e. news, WEATHER, sports )
from MN., nearly 200 miles away.
WTH ? It's hard to check current jump / road conditions & forecast somewhere 3 hours away, let alone catch a Packer game !
Resolution offered after going through their troubleshooting: "we can send a technician out, but won't be til mid week, or try an upgrade"... B|>:(
We're about ready to get an aerial antenna & really back woods it [:/]

I was going to comment about guys and sticks but I changed my mind. eeeeekkkkkk this place is corrupting me :P

Obviously we need to try harder.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

First - you aren't missing any of the LA Games - they've all been sold out.

But I have NHL Game Center and missed three Kings games in a row because they were "not available in your region."

Turns out that NHL Game Center (And probably Center Ice) don't have broadcast rights to national broadcasts. So if NBC has it, or the NHL Network or someone else, then they can't broadcast it. So it's not a Dish or cable issue - it's a broadcastign rights issue for NHL Center Ice. I learned this after pitching a fit about "This is the third straight Kings game."

Here in Fresno, the Sharks are the blackout area.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

As a fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers I have known about blackouts for some time now. The only saving grace per se is that I am not local and had to result to NFL Sunday Ticket by DirecTV. But those charges got old and I got tired of pressing buttons on the remote only to have my channel pressed 30 seconds later in the wrong order so I cancelled satellite TV two months ago and I have Uverse instead. Now when I press 1002 on my remote it actually inputs that on my tv in close to real time. Unless you suck it up and get the hockey pass you will be subjected to blackouts if your team doesnt sell out. Although I dont know the rules for the NHL in comparison for the NFL.