oldwomanc6

Busking Rocks!

As many of you know, mrowc6 plays the bagpipes, and tonight he had a gig playing at the Irish Channel

They pay him well per hour, and the tips are the frosting on the cake. B|

:)

Damn! Someone tipped him with a Macbook Pro???:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

As many of you know, mrowc6 plays the bagpipes, and tonight he had a gig playing at the Irish Channel

He's a bagpiper, what do you expect, he would be tipped with a PC?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

He's a bagpiper, what do you expect, he would be tipped with a PC?

Seen on the 'net:

Ya know laddie, di' ya ken how it was the Bagpipe came to be? Well I'll tell ya...Twas a weapon of war it was, when those wee Roman laddies came marching into our hills the pipers would stand out upon the crags and blow a mighty air upon thier pipes and the Clans would rouse themselves for war, meanwhile it would demoralize the poor Roman legions who upon hearing those sweet scot tunes would quake in their boots and exclaim "what the fark are doing to that Pig?!"

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Awesome! I've just started taking bagpipe lessons; I know it's a process of years and years but so far I'm having a fun (and very very humbling) time with it.

Elvisio "is that the chanter or did I just sit on the cat? " Rodriguez

One of those moments in my life that I am sure will be part of the replay of events at the end... was a trip to the north slopes of Mt Adams up here in WA. We were going to be climbing the North Cleaver early the next morning.... and as the sun was setting in the late evening and the Alpenglow was turning the glacier above us red, we were sitting in our camp surrounded by the heather carpet of Killen Meadows.. when a piper began to pipe the sun down with a moving playing of Amazing Grace. The sound of that music from the pipes wafting from just over the ridge with all the other stunning beauty of that few moments was indelibly etched in my memory. :)

Awesome! I've just started taking bagpipe lessons; I know it's a process of years and years but so far I'm having a fun (and very very humbling) time with it.

Elvisio "is that the chanter or did I just sit on the cat? " Rodriguez

One of those moments in my life that I am sure will be part of the replay of events at the end... was a trip to the north slopes of Mt Adams up here in WA. We were going to be climbing the North Cleaver early the next morning.... and as the sun was setting in the late evening and the Alpenglow was turning the glacier above us red, we were sitting in our camp surrounded by the heather carpet of Killen Meadows.. when a piper began to pipe the sun down with a moving playing of Amazing Grace. The sound of that music from the pipes wafting from just over the ridge with all the other stunning beauty of that few moments was indelibly etched in my memory. :)

That's a story i wish I had been a part of. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

That's not busking. That's an actual gig.

Busking is done on the street with no guarantee of being paid anything.

THIS was the best of both worlds.

The bar paid him and sent him out on the corner (near the bar).The bar does this because, lets face it, people follow the piper.
People follow the piper to the bar.

WIN WIN!

The photo was just the "busking" portion of it.

HOLY CRAP! Now, I feel like a pimp. [:/]:D:D:D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9