kkeenan

Z-Hills Packer Wins Powerball

SethInMI

a tax on people who are bad at math

Quien sabe?

It does not appear that your calculations take into account the fact that as the jackpot increases, more people play, so the odds of multiple winners increase. This reduces the probability x payout value.

But yes at some point, playing for large jackpots makes sense.

I once started to do the analysis, but I couldn't find the data to see exactly how jackpot size affects tickets sold. In theory, there could be a jackpot large enough to give a ticket an expected value greater than its cost. It's also likely that at another, larger jackpot size, the public buys enough tickets that the expected number of winners is high enough that the expected value of a ticket drops back below its sale price.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

AggieDave

No I wouldn't, I've seen the kind of people who play the lotto!

They seem like a pretty normal cross-section of society to me:
http://www.ohiolottery.com/Winners/See-Stories

This kind of reaction seems to be just another kind of snobbery, where non-lotto players feel they're superior to lotto players. Just like some beer drinkers insist that their brand is superior to what others drink.

The odds of winning for the players are certainly much better than the odds of the non-players, which are zip! It's a free country, and if it's worth it to them, then they don't deserve to be criticized for it.

Southern_Man

Who cares if she's married or not. She can afford lots of lawyers.

The question is do you have the right stuff, to cut in front of the line of all the dudes that are also in love with her.

R
One Jump Wonder

Krip

The question is do you have the right stuff, to cut in front of the line of all the dudes that are also in love with her.

R

Should we start the betting on if Krip actually read the link? :ph34r:
Remster

Southern_Man

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57587828/record-powerball-winner-in-fla-has-claimed-the-prize/

Hope she didn't opt for the annuity.

Also, I wonder if she is single?

So I'm curious: Just what is the average age of Z-Hills packers these days?:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Remster

R

Should we start the betting on if Krip actually read the link? :ph34r:

I heard that:$

Saw the beautiful lady on the news last night.

I stand by my original comment.

When your in love what does age have to do with it.:)
One Jump Wonder

Krip

***You can love women or you can love money. You can't love both.
:D:D

Hi Pops

I want a Pre Nup.:ph34r:

Did anyone read the article? It says that someone let her in front of them. The sweet old lady was treated properly. I want to know if she is going to give a little to the person that let her cut in front? She won on a "quick pick" not her numbers so that nice person may have just cost themselves millions by letting her cut.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

normiss

I don't think that's quite how quick pick works.
;)

It's an auto lotto isn't it? The computer selects the numbers for you. Granted out of the many that bought around that time it could change them. However, had that person not let her cut the timing for those numbers would have been different. I'm pretty sure that is how it works but I do not play so I could be very wrong. B|
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

normiss

Ah, yes! Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you meant had that person not let her go first that then that person would have those quick pick numbers!

I see what you mean!

:D

Right.... so if it were me I would flip that person a cool million I think. First for respecting elders (rare these days) and second because she won a TON of money because of it. What's a mill to her now? ;)

Rstanley0312

***Ah, yes! Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you meant had that person not let her go first that then that person would have those quick pick numbers!

I see what you mean!

Right.... so if it were me I would flip that person a cool million I think. First for respecting elders (rare these days) and second because she won a TON of money because of it. What's a mill to her now? ;)

No matter how much money a person has, they always have the ability to spend more than have. A mill here or there adds up.:D

The winner has kids, grandkids, they all desrve their fair share. I'm sure the requsts for funds from around the universe have already exceeded her winnings.

I hope the winner has enough time to enjoys her winnings:)
Cabana boy time;) EFS the S stands for spend:)
One Jump Wonder

Krip

******Ah, yes! Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you meant had that person not let her go first that then that person would have those quick pick numbers!

I see what you mean!

No matter how much money a person has, they always have the ability to spend more than have. A mill here or there adds up.:D

The winner has kids, grandkids, they all desrve their fair share. I'm sure the requsts for funds from around the universe have already exceeded her winnings.

I hope that was a joke.

BTW, I don't have time to sort through this. What happened to the packer that was supposed to have won?

CSpenceFLY

*********Ah, yes! Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you meant had that person not let her go first that then that person would have those quick pick numbers!

I see what you mean!

I hope that was a joke.

BTW, I don't have time to sort through this. What happened to the packer that was supposed to have won?

It was a joke Spence... a packer did not win it. An old woman from Zepherhills did.