airtwardo

Good ole TSA!

So I flew out of L.A. last week after a demo in Sacramento.

Checked all the gear in and grabbed a chilly one at the Pres Club...

When I got to the gate the TSA is on the gate-keepers phone with a major WTF!

They said good thing I had a GREAT explanation, they were about to tear into everything. ~ :o

OK...uneventful flight home.

Picking up the bags, I check to see the small bowline of super-tac...with the tight trimmed tails is still securing the zippers together.

Just as I'd left it! B|~ kinda 'locked' without a lock.

I always do that when I travel...anywhere in the world.

Every airline 'baggage smasher' on this rock has keys to all the bullshit luggage locks...You can be robbed and not know it...I can see instantly if someone has been in my bag.

~ tired I just threw all the gear in the man-cave, opened it up today to see they had not only gone through the bag, they disassembled the whole flag & container.

They then knotted it up and smashed 800 SQFT of now UNPACKED nylon BACK into the bag.

My only question is....HOW the fuck did someone RE-tie that bowline knot - - - with the SAME 3/4 inch of super-tac! B|

I gotta MEET that guy!! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

So I flew out of L.A. last week after a demo in Sacramento.

My only question is....HOW the fuck did someone RE-tie that bowline knot - - - with the SAME 3/4 inch of super-tac! B|

[url "http://www.uniquetitanium.com/Uncle-Bills-Tweezers_p_128.html"] This, my dear is how. Best tweezers on the planet! [url]
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

ryoder

That's why I use military 'type' gear bags with custom installed 'heavy duty' brass YKK zippers -I've tried, I can't pick it open...besides, the two zippers are tied 'together' & to a small loop on the side of the bag, they can't move tied together.

My knot was picked apart...and re tied, WITH the same kind of knot ! :)

jimmytavino

[quote "airtwardo "

My knot was picked apart...and re tied, WITH the same kind of knot ! :)

Better find Out just WHO that person is......:|

and then get him or her ON your ground support team !B|:P:)...
..or your rigging crew...;)

:)

Well...they ARE good with knots - - - - a little weak on Flag Packin' though. ;)

The wife and I are heading to Belize on Wednesday for ten days, including a week of SCUBA diving. We actually have a pretty good flight itinerary, but I'm always a knot of nerves until we're on the ground, at the destination, WITH our gear undamaged by the TSA gorillas.

Elvisio ">:(" Rodriguez

I use the smallest zip ties. Unless they have the same colors, I know my stuff has been opened. i also put a piece of string in the zipper somewhere, that will fall out if its been messed with. I appreciate that our government is inspecting a veterans luggage for him.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

jackwallace

I appreciate that our government is inspecting a veterans luggage for him.

Going through security a while back with an airline Captain that I know, who's in uniform...had nail clippers confiscated.

I certainly understand and appreciate the need to take such an obviously dangerous weapon away from someone who while IN the aircraft - - - has a Fire-Axe two feet away from their seat. :D:D

theonlyski

Where do you keep your spool of super-tac?

;)

Not a spool...I have a section about 10 yards long with me when I travel. One always in my backpack, great for quick repairs, tiedowns, clothesline...:ph34r:

jono

Maybe they just did this -:o[:/]
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5mvvZl6pLI

That was posted & addressed up thread...the stuff is in custom made bags with large brass zippers - I don't think they can be 'picked' like that...and the zippers are tied down to the bag, so they couldn't re-close it if the zips WERE picked.