ladyskydiver

RW Jumpsuit

I'm getting ready to get another jumpsuit and am having a hard time deciding on which one to get. Of the ones above, which would you get and why?
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Cora,
We have Tony, Bev, and Michigan jumpsuits.

Check out the construction of the Michigan suit. They are really built strong!

Also, check the way the grips are attached. Very good design. When taking a grip, you 'scoop' your hand into the grip, thus not pulling on the suit and making the material stretch and present more fabric to the wind.

Due to those features and other cool design aspects, Alysse was very impressed when she compared jumpsuit construction.

marc

Construction wise, the michigan suit does kick ass. At 25ish jumps i got my first RW suit which was a michigan and it held up amazingly well for me and my horrible landings.

However, i do love the look of Bev suits. The way it's made for the women's body totally kicks ass. It's also constructed well, so since you're a girl, i'd go with the bev suit.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

About a year ago I did a lot of research, and looked at a lot of jumpsuits, and decided Michigan was the way to go. Being a locally influential guy, several of my locals bought Michigans based on my recommendation. Unfortunately, we had a lot of trouble--mixed up orders, poor fit, etc. At my DZ now, nobody will buy a Michigan again. I'm going Bev.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

I'm getting ready to get another jumpsuit and am having a hard time deciding on which one to get. Of the ones above, which would you get and why?

Cora have you thought about RMW, I know they're in Oz but they are well made.
If you hold off until January you can check out me in mine.
Alternativly you can just check me out:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You're not backward in coming forward, are you Squeak?

Where does that ever get you:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

For those that have said Bev suit, what's the difference between the competition suit and the Hot Bod?

Hot Bod is cut more for the female body.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I have a Michigan Suit and a Bev Suit.

The Michigan suit has some really nice features such as the grippers and the reinforced booties, but I could never get it to fit right. In order to get it off they had to make it so large through the shoulders I looked like a linebacker for the NFL champs. Also the first suit they made me was TOTALLY off on the colors even though I used their color swatches so they made me an all black one.

I had a new Bev Hot Bod suit made. I gave them free reign on the colors as long as they used the 2 colors I wanted somewhere. It is coordinated and looks good. I did have to send it back severaltimes to get a good fit but they have really worked with me on it. I just wish I could get them to do the booties like Michigan does.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Cora have you thought about RMW, I know they're in Oz but they are well made.

:$ bwahahahaha
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I disagree. I have owned two Tony Suits, and both were built very strong. The Tony competition suit with all the bells and whistles is awesome.

On the other hand, my girlfriend and other people I've know have owned Bev suits and, although they do look great on women's bodies, I was not impressed with the construction. In particular, I know a number of people who have had problems with the zippers on Bew suits.

- Dan G

Michigan Suits rock.

I have one that has about 1,000 jumps on it, and MANY hours of tunnel.

They are bulit proof. My newest one had some problems, but it was a test suit that Mike built and that is to be expected.

I flew a Tony suit for years since I personally like Tony (AKA Big Nose). And I have flown Bev suits...The booties on my Michigan sold me, and the construction of it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

If Michigan Suits were the only suits available... I would jump naked (at 5'10 and 220lbs that isn't pretty). I am one of the several people that Darkwing was referring to. I am not quite as politically correct as he is (not that you could tell).... When our suits came in (we ordered 6 at ounce) there were fit problems across the board. At first we thought is was poor measuring... But the suits were measured by the same person and the problems were not the same with every suit. I can live with the suit not being "right". What I can't live with and what has caused the people at our DZ to order elsewhere in the future is that when we called Michigan to see about getting the problems addressed we were told it could not possibly be a build issue (kinda strong statement huh) and we would all have to pay to have the suits altered so they would fit... The stitching and construction of the suit is quite good, but the sizing seems to be a universal problem (look in the gear reviews). Some sizing issues are expected but the customer service we received was without a doubt the bottom of the barrel.... My wife and I are going to order 2 new Bev suits this week.

Pendejo

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

but the sizing seems to be a universal problem

I have had these suits not fit at one time or another:

Tony Suits,
Michigan Suits.
Merlan Suits.

I have owned:
Tony Suits,
Michigan Suits,
Merlan Suits.

See a trend?

The only company that was a pain about it was the only one I will not do business with.

Michigan is not that company. I have seen him fix a suit and fly it to the DZ in his plane to give it to the jumper.

Sorry you had a problem, but it does seem if

When our suits came in (we ordered 6 at ounce) there were fit problems across the board. At first we thought is was poor measuring... But the suits were measured by the same person and the problems were not the same with every suit

The suits were measured by the same person...It seems they made some mistakes. They don't have to make the same mistake on every suit...They can make different mistakes if they don't know what they are doing.

Sorry you had a problem, but I have had nothing but great service, and great suits from Michigan.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334