blondeflyer7

Dreams

>it seems in all of my skydiving dreams my canopy opens
>JUST in time for me to land safely. what's up with that???

Hey, beats the hell out of bouncing half the time!;)

I never get any long canopy-rides in my dreams, but half the time I get none:

ohshitohshitohshitouchwell, better luck next time:S

what's up with THAT?

Erno

I used to dream that for some reason I had nothing open and that I fell till about 300ft at which point I would "bounce" off successive friends canopies much like a trampoline/bouncy castle effect till a "safe" fall distance. Their canopies felt like bouncy castles on impact no pain etc.

Maybe it was hopefull as a back plan for a double mal?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Oh my life
Is changing everyday
In every possible way
And Oh my dreams
It's never quiet as it seems
Never quiet as it seems

I know I've felt like this before
But now I'm feeling it even more
Because it came from you

And then I open up and see
The person falling here is me
A different way to be
La
I want more (impossible to ignore)
I want more (impossible to ignore)

And they'll come true (impossible not to do)
And they'll come true (impossible not to do)

And now I tell you openly
You have my heart so don't hurt me
You're what I couldn't find

A totally amazing mind
So understanding and so kind
You're everything to me

- Cranberries ;)

it seems in all of my skydiving dreams my canopy opens JUST in time for me to land safely. what's up with that???

Weird! I just had one of those last night! I literally hit the ground a moment after the opening shock ended. There was also a part of the dive where everyone was diving through this huge cube like a building frame, but made out of thin pieces of wood. It was very cloudy and dark... :S
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

A lot of the skydiving dreams I have that I remember, I burn in. Then I get up, curse, dust myself off and get on the next load only to burn in again. This continues for a few more jumps and I eventually stop jumping that day because I'm getting annoyed with burning in each jump. Weird, huh?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've actually had a few. The first two just consisted of me opening rediculously low and somehow surviving even though my canopy hadn't even fully deployed by the time I hit the ground. My most recent dream was the craziest though. I had just gone on a bunch of tracking dives that day and I had a dream I was tracking. But I was tracking so well that I managed to track back to my house (about 100 miles away from the DZ), and track down to the ground with such a low fall rate that I just landed on the median of a long road near my house with no parachte. After landing on my belly, my horizontal speed was so great that I deployed my parachute after skidding for a while just to slow myself down (like drag cars do after they finish their quarter mile if you have ever seen them)
....I have some wack ass dreams :S

EDIT: After reading about some of these dreams (especially the guy right above me), I realized that my dreams aren't really that wack.

Anyone here had dreams of skydiving?

Only a couple.

I had a couple so-called "flying" dreams when I was younger as well.

I'm a dreamer in the literal sense. Bill always asks me how the hell I remember my dreams in such detail and how it is I seem to have such a memorable dream so often.

Short answer: No idea.

Longer answer: During the day my brain never stops. My doctor can't believe I sleep like rock. I fall right asleep. And I dream almost every night. And it's always really weird, nonsensical, not-so-often-anything-whatsoever-familiar stuff.

I maybe had two skydiving dreams early on when I jumped every weekend.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

it seems in all of my skydiving dreams my canopy opens
>JUST in time for me to land safely. what's up with that??? - That about sums up most of mine. The recent ones anyway... that somehow I'm under a fully inflated canopy just high enough to flare (but I don't remember actually flaring)
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

NorrinRadd

I have had my first skydiving dream. It was about doing my next solo. Just going over my dive flow, and doing it perfectly. Kinda nice!

Now that's some good visualization. I hope it goes just like that for you. B|

I've had all the dreams, from peaceful to scary. Not too many any more, though. Mostly I dream about fixing up houses for sale. :S:D

JohnMitchell

Mostly I dream about fixing up houses for sale. :S:D

???
Is this based on something you are doing in the real world, or just a crazy new hobby you picked up in your dreams?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Mostly I dream about fixing up houses for sale. :S:D

???
Is this based on something you are doing in the real world, or just a crazy new hobby you picked up in your dreams?

He forgot to mention. . . In his underwear.

Make sense now?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

???

Nope, just a tool belt, nothing else. :P

@ Ryoder, I've got a rental house with renters moving out, a house in Olympia we want to move in after remodeling and a house in Orting we want to move from and sell. Make sense?:S

JohnMitchell

???

Nope, just a tool belt, nothing else. :P

@ Ryoder, I've got a rental house with renters moving out, a house in Olympia we want to move in after remodeling and a house in Orting we want to move from and sell. Make sense?:S

UGH

NOT FAIR NOT FAIR NOT FAIR

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun