JerryBaumchen

Classic Corvette sells for $3.4 million

Well, she's a beaut!

But holy crap! How much money do you have to have to spend that much, either in speculation (that it will increase in value) or worse yet, you want another "toy." :S Either way, you can't drive it much, if at all, so where's the fun in that?

I don't know how some people breath in such rarified air. :D

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

LuckyMcSwervy

I'm so glad I never developed a taste for expensive toys. Can you imagine being able to swing that for a car?! Must be nice!!

I don't know about that. I agree that it'd be nice to have that kind of pocket money, but I'd never buy a car like that, even if I could afford it.

All you could really do is put it in a really, really nice garage and look at it. Where's the fun in that.
I'm no millionare, but I've owned a Porsche 944 since '05. Absolute ball to drive. It has miles on it, and isn't perfect. It's a wreck repair and the body isn't quite perfect. But it looks ok and drives like a dream. I drove it as my regular car in the summer until this year.

Because I got a 928. Absolute blast to drive. Twice the get-up-and-go of the 944. Less than $10k.
You don't need to spend a ton of money to have an amazing car. And because it's not worth a whole lot, I don't care if I put miles on it.
As a matter of fact, I'm planning on a road trip out to San Fran next spring. Long road trips are what this car was made for. My Mom's idea.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

oldwomanc6

Jerry, I saw this today and I thought of your thread.

"Not driving your Vette to keep the mileage low is like not having sex with your wife to save her for the next guy."

:D

Dammit; I almost choked on the salad I'm eating.>:(:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnMitchell

I don't know how some people breath in such rarified air. :D

If the uber rich can spend $3.4 million on a Corvette, I think it's time to repeal some tax cuts. . . :|

On a serious note, I could have a LOT more fun for that price than buying one single car. ;):)
Guy that bought it prolly has a big watch & small feet...;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~