brendhanbb

rollercoasters vs skydiving.

Still fun, but not scary. I still think Space Mountain is one of the best rollercoasters of all time. If you took the track outside the mountain though, it wouldn't be much better than some state fair coaster. Ambiance can count for a lot.

Elisha

Still fun, but not scary. I still think Space Mountain is one of the best rollercoasters of all time. If you took the track outside the mountain though, it wouldn't be much better than some state fair coaster. Ambiance can count for a lot.

that is interesting i suppose i honestly think space mountain looks kind of boring to be honest but yeah thats just me if you like it good for you :)

I know a lot of skydivers who say coasters just aren't the same anymore. I don't get that at all. Now, I love skydiving, but I think coasters are ten thousand times funner and waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy scarier!! I love the anticipation you get when climbing the hill or waiting for the launch.

brendhanbb

i am going to assume most people if not everyone on here has been on a rollercoaster and i am just going to ask are rollercoasters still capable of being scary

No. Roller coasters were only scary in elementary school.

and fun after skydiving or do they just seem boring compared to skydiving.

Skydiving is fun (a bit like square dancing with fewer women, no music, more wind, and more modern outfits) but not inherently exciting.

We'll I'm still scared of heights, so being strapped in by a thin belt and climbing up a track a few 100ft gets me. I was freaking out on Kinda Ka at 6 flags once. My sister-in-law was like "you skydive..". But seeing the very top of the track and following it down to see I'm attached to it is scary. Don't get me started on Enchanted Tea Cups.

Roller coaster at fair: maintained by people I have never met. Taken apart and assembled routinely with most of the pieces still present, some replaced by stuff from Ace hardware when necessary, inspected by nobody. Front man running it is covered in tats and piercings, looks rather worn and gaunt like he is no stranger to recreational pharamaceuticals, speaks English like a third language, looks bored and un-caring, smells like he's been drinking, has been running this thing for hours...

Roller coaster at Six Flags: maintained by people I have never met. Run by a pimply faced teen working for minimum wage. No understanding of the mechanics of the device. More concerned about the large breasted woman he needs to help with her restraints and talking to his friends at his next break. Can't spell centrifugal if you hold a gun to his head.

Yeah...those things are scary as hell. I love 'em. :D

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.