kjarv

Help - Pencil Whip Packing Data Card

It doesn't really matter what you think about their law. It's there law and their country. This is one reason Americans have such a bad reputation around the world, we think we are above other countries petty little laws. Would you try a pull that crap in the US?

Funney, in every country I've ever been in long enough to get to know the locals well .. all of them look for anyway to avoid "stupid/petty local laws" even the not so stupid ones including their tax code, I've read on these pages advice to um .. non americans .. how to avoid the taxes their country charge on new goods .. and on one accused them of being bad people, or casting a negative light on their countrymen

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

2. Ship my rig back to the US for an inspection repack, which will cost money in shipping, and expose my rig to the US postal system and leave me without it for untold weeks :(

Ship it FedEx insured to a loft in the US. It will be back in around a week and be legal.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps
really I meant this reply to be friendly picking on ya, I'll buy you a beer sometime if I really offended!

You would have to wait until you are old enough to buy beer.
HAHAHA... 34, old enough to buy beer and be grouchy:)

Ship it FedEx insured to a loft in the US. It will be back in around a week and be legal.

And expensive... I recently shipped a 13lb package from USA to Holland and it was $140 one way. I'm guessing "round trip" would be twice that much.

Not saying this option wouldn't work, just pointing out the price tag... :o
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Does the rigger have to be American or just have an FAA license? When I chopped in Empuriabrava last month, they had a couple of FAA licensed riggers who could pack. This enabled me to continue jumping this reserve for the 120 days in the states without having to get it repacked.
W

You may have a problem at the base life support shop as there is not a single piece of military parachuting equipment that relates to your Mirage and the complexities of military vs. sport gear (unless you get really lucky).

Additionally, You only pay postage from NYC to wherever in the US it goes. I'm in NC and I would only pay postage back to NYC where the APO system takes over. I'll do it for $35.00 plus postage and insurance back to you.

If you have questions look me up on the "global" at Pope AFB NC. There are enough people around here who will vouch for my work (all of Team Paraclete, Ron, SkymonketONE, etc.) More references upon request.

Tim Tennant
Team Paraclete

If I just have to have my rig repacked in a country OTHER than italy, I'd go for it, but it was explained to me that I must return the rig to the USA for at least one repack every 2 years.

Find a rigger and have it packed at the US Embassy. :P

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

what I can do is send a note to your CO and get his response to how this situation should be handled.

Is this the military equiv of "I'm telling Daddy"?

I apply my silly law rule to all countries equally. If a rule is silly, weigh the risks then ignore it or find a way around it--- or if risk is too great, then comply and complain

:D Rock on!

Glad you found a legal soln (military packing). If I were considering something illegal, I wouldn't post it on a public forum (see above i'm telling daddy comment). Good luck!

-A

If you have questions look me up on the "global" at Pope AFB NC. There are enough people around here who will vouch for my work (all of Team Paraclete, Ron, SkymonketONE, etc.) More references upon request.

Take Tim up on this. He is a very good rigger (Read anal as hell;)). I would let him pack my rig in a second. Hell, if it were not for the fact that I live in FL, and can't swing a dead cat without hitting a rigger that has over 1,000 pack jobs, I'd send mine to him.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334