airdvr

Chicago Center Arsonist Identified

CHICAGO (AP) - Federal authorities have released this photo of the suspect in the Chicago TRACON ATC incident. He is identified only as "Johnny", and is in custody, where he faces charges of arson, sabotage, and making a hat or a broach with a weather report. Reportedly, he doesn't want coffee.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

His last name is Hinshaw. He had exhibited some strange behaviors, such as turning a weather bulletin into a hat, a broach or a pterodactyl. Other reports are that he leapt to the control tower singing "Rapunzel."

A coworker, identified as "Leon," also had accused Hinshaw of assaulting him and poking fun at his obesity.

Some suspect that the cause of his despondency was personal, rather than professional. Said one coworker, "He was so excited. There was a sale at Penny's. But I understand he missed it."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

airdvr

After I posted I was wondering if maybe I was so old that no one would get the reference. I'm relieved.

I'm surprised JohnMitchell hasn't chimed in yet.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

airdvr

After I posted I was wondering if maybe I was so old that no one would get the reference. I'm relieved.

It's one of my favorite movies ever. Lawrocket's too.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

One of the best conversations in the movie:

First Jive Dude: Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?
Second Jive Dude: Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!
First Jive Dude: I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see...
Second Jive Dude: Uh-huh.
First Jive Dude: ...pray to J I did the same-ol', same-ol'!
Second Jive Dude: Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!
First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em...
First Jive Dude/Second Jive Dude: ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!
First Jive Dude: COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Another good one:

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

:D

BillyVance

One of the best conversations in the movie:

First Jive Dude: Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?
Second Jive Dude: Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!
First Jive Dude: I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see...
Second Jive Dude: Uh-huh.
First Jive Dude: ...pray to J I did the same-ol', same-ol'!
Second Jive Dude: Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!
First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em...
First Jive Dude/Second Jive Dude: ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!
First Jive Dude: COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.

Excuse me Stewardess... I speak Jive.
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

BillyVance

***After I posted I was wondering if maybe I was so old that no one would get the reference. I'm relieved.

It's one of my favorite movies ever. Lawrocket's too.

I can watch along line for line...RIP Leslie Nielsen and Robert Stack...and it still makes me chuckle a bit.

Destinations by Roxanne

skyjumpenfool

***After I posted I was wondering if maybe I was so old that no one would get the reference. I'm relieved.

It's been in re-run..... you are still OLD! ;)

I see you are 34 years in...I suppose you started when you were 6. ;)

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

No one get that reference?

Surely you can't be serious.

:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

airdvr

But how many people will be able to identify Howard Jarvis in the movie?

Hmmmmmmm?

Have to be an oldschool Californian to get the reference.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

airdvr

CHICAGO (AP) - Federal authorities have released this photo of the suspect in the Chicago TRACON ATC incident. He is identified only as "Johnny", and is in custody, where he faces charges of arson, sabotage, and making a hat or a broach with a weather report. Reportedly, he doesn't want coffee.

Rapunzel?;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

monkycndo

But how many people will be able to identify Howard Jarvis in the movie?

Hmmmmmmm?

Have to be an oldschool Californian to get the reference.

Yep. And I remember being younger and the voices of the man and woman who were arguing over the white zone/red zone and abortion really were the parking voices. "Look, Betty, don't start with your white zone shit again."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Imagine my surprise when I started my instrument training only to find out there was no musical instrument involved.

Oh well, at least my auto pilot doesn't need to be re-inflated.:D

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Well, let's see...

First the earth cooled, and then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil... And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

airdvr

******After I posted I was wondering if maybe I was so old that no one would get the reference. I'm relieved.

It's been in re-run..... you are still OLD! ;)

I see you are 34 years in...I suppose you started when you were 6. ;)

It's worse... that profile is old! ;) Surly, you don't expect me to divulge my true age on this forum?
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."